The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra, GTO or 300ZX?

Guest SupraJohnny

Guest SupraJohnny

Hi everyone

I know - like going into M & S and shouting "Woolworths" but it's time to choose one of the three. :confused:

I think the Supra may well be the one but comments would be welcome.

Hi everyone

I know - like going into M & S and shouting "Woolworths" but it's time to choose one of the three. :confused:

I think the Supra may well be the one but comments would be welcome.

Its a no brainer mate :p

Actually, it depends what exactly your looking for in your next set of wheels. Let us know then we can put in our 2p worth ;)

Linda

x

Just like to point out that whilst I (and the vast majority) on here obviously prefer the Supra, these three cars are ALL fantastic cars in the grand scheme of things - all are high performance head-turners, which always grab my attention when I see them on the road.

Guest Creasy

I remember a magazine a few years back now did a road test, it may have been redline but certianly not Max Pants or Fast Cr*p.

They drove and tested (power, 0-60 etc) the Supra TT, GTO, 300ZX and the RX7 TT. The Supra came out on top, second was the RX7, and 3rd/4th the other 2 (cant remember what order).

So based on 4 neutrals drivers reviews the Supra was the car they would have chosen for a daily drive.

My 2 x 1p worth

Just like to point out that whilst I (and the vast majority) on here obviously prefer the Supra, these three cars are ALL fantastic cars in the grand scheme of things - all are high performance head-turners, which always grab my attention when I see them on the road.

I have always felt the older Gto's and the 300ZX are awful looking cars. The last of the Gto's was an improvement though!

H.

I remember a magazine a few years back now did a road test, it may have been redline but certianly not Max Pants or Fast Cr*p.

They drove and tested (power, 0-60 etc) the Supra TT, GTO, 300ZX and the RX7 TT. The Supra came out on top, second was the RX7, and 3rd/4th the other 2 (cant remember what order).

So based on 4 neutrals drivers reviews the Supra was the car they would have chosen for a daily drive.

My 2 x 1p worth

It was redline......still got the copy, was partly the reason I went for supra funily enough as I was after a zx :) it they were all red barring the zx which was silver if I remember correctly ;)

It was redline......still got the copy, was partly the reason I went for supra funily enough as I was after a zx :) it they were all red barring the zx which was silver if I remember correctly ;)

It was Revs. I still think Revs of that era was by far the best magazine going. Simon Hargreives took on the 300ZX as a long termer and got a severe wallet raping. The GTO had a duff second turbo and the RX7 had starting issues.

The RX7 has to be a consideration too.

Guest Creasy

I seem to recall some of/if not all were supplied by Magnum cars. There was a great shot of the RX7 being towed by one of the other cars!

Agree with Gazboy - you cant rule out the RX7.

Mikeyb10Supra - yes they were all Red and the ZX silver, not the best colour for the zx made it look very dated next to the Supra and RX7.