The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Active Spoiler Question

damientt

My '95 JSpec TT came with a detached active spoiler but no spoiler motor.

I've just bought a second hand motor (which I've been assured works!) and plugged it into the socket behind the bumper. I had assumed this would make the big orange warning light disappear from the dash and I'd also thought the motor would make some sort of movement when I pushed the manual spoiler button ..... but ....

The warning light is still there and nothing seems to be happening with the motor when I push the button (difficult to see with just one person!).

Any ideas or help greatly appreciated.

The Down button only works with ign on but engine not running.

If its not working and the dash light is on, I would take the centre dash panel out and check the wiring is pluged in to both the switch and spoiler ecu.

I think I'm making some progress.

The spoiler button light is blinking and the orange warning light is still illuminated but I've managed to get the motor moving when I push either the auto and/or manual spoiler button. I pulled the

EF1(?) fuse to try to reset the dash light but no luck.

So far I've only hooked up the motor to the plug behind the front bumper but I haven't attached the spoiler.

On the plus side ........ I got the electric aerial connected to the head unit, and working, while the dash was out.