The mkiv Supra Owners Club

scoob to supra tt

Guest jonny81

Guest jonny81

Hi guys :)

Just joined the site & im wondering if any one here has gone from a scooby to a supra tt? Iv got an sti v2 at the mo but im thinkin of changin to the supra as its one of the cars on my 'must have' list! :D

Thanks for any replies, looks like a great site you have here.

Jonny

Guest jonny81

The more i read about them the more excited i get to test drive one, iv always wanted one since i was a kid at school,the auto box kinda put me off for a while as manuals are kinda out of my price range

From the things iv been reading on here it seems that the autos are quite good though so im guna go test drivin in a week or two and see what all the fuss is about :D

From the things iv been reading on here it seems that the autos are quite good though so im guna go test drivin in a week or two and see what all the fuss is about :D

Yep, the auto's are a great car. My best mate has owned loads of Impreza's and begged me not to get an auto Supra. I was in the same boat as you and couldn't afford a 6 speed so got an auto.

When my mate eventually drove my Supra he soon changed his anti auto opinion. He absolutely loved it. :D

And when I kicked his ass on the key-way he finally realised he'd bought the wrong car! ;)

I've got a manual myself so can't comment on autoboxes, but I have read on these forums of some supra owners with autoboxes that have had it step-down during a corner in the wet and lost the backend. Doesnt happen often, but it has happened and cost them some money in repairs and new underwear :)

Guest jonny81

Thanks for that, its nice to hear the negatives too before i shell out the cash, i thought with the supras auto box though you could hold it in gear? i know nothing about auto box's by the way :blink:

Yes in MANU mode it will stay in whichever gear you put it in

I was like you "Anti Auto" untill i had an auto surf which was a real pleasure to drive it was then a natural progression to an auto supra.

I have to admit at being a bit dissapointed with the auto NA but the TT is amazing in auto.:):)

Guest jonny81
so to speak:p loveing the 4wd but i doubt i'd second thought swapping it for a nice black facelift tt or even better a low mileage uk tt manual, wish i'd kept my black uk spec but i guess you live and learn eh

hi mate, what sort of impreza have you got?

but the TT is amazing in auto.:):)

A-men to that. I always swore blind id never own an auto car... but here i am :D

its just the same as having a manual, just you dont have to do that aggrivating thing of moveing any of your left hand extreimities, so much more relaxing. Plant your foot however, and no turbo stall and millisecond gear changes hoist you up and away before most manual drivers have even thought about pressing the clutch :cool:

(slight over exxageration but good for effect :eyebrows:)

They do take some getting used to, ive had mine since march and im still getting the full feel of it, but once you learn how it reacts, where the various changes are etc its awsome. Its a very clever box that seems to adapt to the way you drive very well, something ive never experienced with other autos.

hi mate, what sort of impreza have you got?

my new toy :Dhttp://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=116478

slow compared to my 580bhp single but so much fun and get quite a few looks too, always worth a change though mate, if you don't like the supra you can always switch back, they are such different cars that you can't knock either until you've tried both.

Guest jonny81

yeah your right, i think i'll miss a few things about the scooby, the amazing grip even in wet,the sound of the engine & the fact i can carry 4 passengers and a washing machine if i liked lol

But the supra is guna give me some nice 30 plus performance straight outta the box & those gorgeous curves aswell .

And like you say i can always switch back:Pling:

By the way mate the hawk eye is very nice but you should try a classic for the true impreza driving experience, 2 very different cars

but I have read on these forums of some supra owners with autoboxes that have had it step-down during a corner in the wet and lost the backend. Doesnt happen often, but it has happened and cost them some money in repairs and new underwear :)

I've only had it shift down mid-corner unexpectedly once. It was also my fault as I was driving through some twisties with overdrive on and it shifted down to 3rd mid-corner. Take O/D off and the problem disappeared (it was too wet at the time to be getting kick-down to 2nd gear, and I'm not yet that mad...)

A-men to that. I always swore blind id never own an auto car... but here i am :D

They do take some getting used to, ive had mine since march and im still getting the full feel of it, but once you learn how it reacts, where the various changes are etc its awsome. Its a very clever box that seems to adapt to the way you drive very well, something ive never experienced with other autos.

I've always sworn two things about any cars I would own:

1. I would NEVER buy a red car.

2. I would NEVER buy an auto.

Yet here I am loving my red auto Supra :innocent::cool:

The auto box is very good. It's the only auto car I've driven for an appreciable amount of time and it's a pleasure to drive. A lot of my mates have commented on how smooth it is, even when giving it beans and braking hard round twisty roads. Test drive both and take it from there. Either way, you won't be disappointed!