The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Killer Chrome.... anyone seen/used/tried it??

Pabs

Killer Chrome - Chrome spray paint, in a can :)

http://www.alsacorp.com/products/killercans/kc/killerchrome_prodinfo.htm

Check out the video about 1/2 way down the page.

Would be awesome to use instead of actually machine polishing engine bay components etc?? Although would have to see if it can handle the heat, and it's not exactly cheap......

Thoughts?

sweet wonder how many cans i would need to do a car :D

on that note, it'd be expensive to do large items in it as i don't think you'll get much out of 1 can....

The kit price is $115 (around £60) but then you'll have to get it over here too, so not sure if they'll send it (dangerous) + import tax etc......

But yeh - black base-coat, then the chrome, then the clear lacquer - and you're done!

Probably much easier than polishing! :)

Im just here wondering now what a fan shroud might look like if you sprayed it with that, could be a different option to either chrome plating to fit over it, or spraying it a certainn colour ;)

You have actually got me debating whether I should GVN to hold off spraying my engine plastic bits.........

WSB, fancy getting a fuse box cover or something like that and trying it out......

on that note, it'd be expensive to do large items in it as i don't think you'll get much out of 1 can....

The kit price is $115 (around £60) but then you'll have to get it over here too, so not sure if they'll send it (dangerous) + import tax etc......

But yeh - black base-coat, then the chrome, then the clear lacquer - and you're done!

Probably much easier than polishing! :)

o well look like ill be sticking with canny red then

You read my mind, that is exactly what i was going to do it on.

Im gonna have to sand it flat first though, damn those little pimples :D

Mmmmmm, fuck it, I still get GVN to spray my bits, it will be sods law this stuff works and I waste more money by then spraying my plastic bits with this.....:D

Your telling me, Even I couldnt bring myself to throw away over £100 on potentially something s**t :D

So I have just ordered the one can of chrome spray paint for £40 :blink:

and downloaded the instructions. The jist of it all is to make the surface smooth and flat with a black primer. (good prep as with anything.

The full kit only came with

black primer

chrome paint

laquer

and polishing cloth....

so the other cans I can pick up from halfords cheaply, ill let you all know how I get on and whether its crap or good.

No Probs I'll post it up.

the only part im going to do is the little black box lid on left hand side of engine bay. Ive just been sanding it, you have to sand quite a bit off to get rid of all the little nobbles.

But its basically smooth all over now. I'll get some black primer later and then its a case of waiting :)

Im hoping it looks good, because I may get a group buy going as i'm sure they do discounts for larger orders from what i've read.