The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Boost Controller advise/prices

Pig

Im about to purchase a boost controller.

I cant decide which one to go for between the new HKS EVC 6 or the Blitz colour jobby.

I know the blitz one has the options of lots of sensors e.g oil pressure. (is this a good way to keep an eye on things?)

Does the HKS one have this function?

If a trader reads this please can you post/pm a price.

Thanks

Jon

I use to have the i-color and swapped to the HKS EVC VI recently.

The i-color has loads of optional graphs, readouts and tweaks, you need the additional sensors for it to show oil pressure, AFR readings, etc. If you're not wanting to clutter up the dash, then it could be a good choice. TBH though, all I used mine for was as a boost controller,s so a lot of the extra features were not needed.

As a boost controller it is very good and allows you to map the boost settings against speed, so you you can maximise the boost throughout the different gears.

The HKS EVC VI is just a boost controller and is not able to display other readings. The screen is black and white rather than colour, but this makes it a lot clearer when viewing. As a boost controller it is similar in function and performance to the i-color. HKS also sell extra software so that you can connect the EVC VI to a laptop and fine tune the boost settings against, speed, throttle positions, rpms, etc. so you can fine tune the control of the turbos.

There is not much to chose between them, they are both very good at what they do, personally I prefer the simple clean design of the EVC VI display.

I'll pm you prices.

• 2 months later...