The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Dyno day Results

Marty

As you have probably seen, Jay and I have both had single projects with our cars, they both got mapped friday. Mine was due to be mapped up to low boost as the engine hasnt run in fully yet, and jay was getting his mapped up to high boost.

Unfortuantly Jay had a few issues with his car :( so it didnt get mapped fully, although it did see and extremely impressive 580bhp at 1.3bar!!:blink:

Next was my car. Dan ran it in on the dyno for an hour or so, and then started fine tuning it, we had a few issues with missfires under boost etc, but this turned out to be a sparkplug problem we replaced them with some platinums and it was perfect.

Then it was time for some power runs and fine tuning, my wastegate has a 1.1bar spring in it so this is what my car is mapped up to, until the engine has a few more miles under is belt.

The figures it produced were very impressive for such a low boost:D

480rwhp @6555rpm

565fwhp @6835rpm

460lb/ft @5545rpm. @ 1.1bar

To drive the car is absolutley unreal !! Dan took me out in it 1st, and i came back bloody white!! The engine sounds stunning, and the noise of the single turbo is awesome :) i am over the moon with it!! I still cant get rid of the smile from my face ;)

Without Michel Lane all this wouldn't have been possible and i cant thank him enough, he kept me upto date with everything that was happening with my car, sorted out any issues with parts etc (wrong size turbo :innocent:) Hes the most honest and genuine guy going and i urge anyone thinking of going single to get in touch with him. Also a big thanks to Ian for building such a cracking engine, to Stewart for taking on the work, and to Dave for finishing off any little bits that needed doing. You all did a truely stunning job :)

We ended the night off (Jay, Michel and I) with a curry and 3bottles of plonk (which Michel v.generously paid for), before hitting the town, and all ending up very drunk :D The absynth Michel gave me once we got back to his finished me off well and truely. His hospitality even led to giving me a bed for the night, making a slap up breakfast, and a very tasty lunch. Once i had recovered from the night before it was time to go home, and on the 170 miles back the car didnt miss a beat :)

I also have a big thanks to Dan, who mapped the mar, wow, i have nothing but praise for him!! He's excellent in what he does, very professional, and thorough, and has a vast knowledge in engines.

Think im going to go for a drive ... :D

As you have probably seen, Jay and I have both had single projects with our cars, they both got mapped friday. Mine was due to be mapped up to low boost as the engine hasnt run in fully yet, and jay was getting his mapped up to high boost.

Unfortuantly Jay had a few issues with his car :( so it didnt get mapped fully, although it did see and extremely impressive 580bhp at 1.3bar!!:blink:

Next was my car. Dan ran it in on the dyno for an hour or so, and then started fine tuning it, we had a few issues with missfires under boost etc, but this turned out to be a sparkplug problem we replaced them with some platinums and it was perfect.

Then it was time for some power runs and fine tuning, my wastegate has a 1.1bar spring in it so this is what my car is mapped up to, until the engine has a few more miles under is belt.

The figures it produced were very impressive for such a low boost:D

480rwhp @6555rpm

565fwhp @6835rpm

460lb/ft @5545rpm. @ 1.1bar

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p112/mpryde/graph2.jpg

To drive the car is absolutley unreal !! Dan took me out in it 1st, and i came back bloody white!! The engine sounds stunning, and the noise of the single turbo is awesome :) i am over the moon with it!! I still cant get rid of the smile from my face ;)

Without Michel Lane all this wouldn't have been possible and i cant thank him enough, he kept me upto date with everything that was happening with my car, sorted out any issues with parts etc (wrong size turbo :innocent:) Hes the most honest and genuine guy going and i urge anyone thinking of going single to get in touch with him. Also a big thanks to Ian for building such a cracking engine, to Stewart for taking on the work, and to Dave for finishing off any little bits that needed doing. You all did a truely stunning job :)

We ended the night off (Jay, Michel and I) with a curry and 3bottles of plonk (which Michel v.generously paid for), before hitting the town, and all ending up very drunk :D The absynth Michel gave me once we got back to his finished me off well and truely. His hospitality even led to giving me a bed for the night, making a slap up breakfast, and a very tasty lunch. Once i had recovered from the night before it was time to go home, and on the 170 miles back the car didnt miss a beat :)

I also have a big thanks to Dan, who mapped the mar, wow, i have nothing but praise for him!! He's excellent in what he does, very professional, and thorough, and has a vast knowledge in engines.

Think im going to go for a drive ... :D

Thats an excellent result, well done you guys!!!! im droppin mine off later today for its final map and one or two extras!!!

Dan's a great guy and i've nothing but praise for him!!!

:D:D

Great write-up Mart, I'm over the moon you are so pleased with the car, it is fantastic. Again big :thumbs: for everyone involved, it has been a great project.

I'd just like to say a special thanks to Dan, he gets flamed when things go wrong, and I'd like to balance that out by giving praise when things go well. I'd also like to say when I had the problem on my car he stopped straight away to investigate.

Thats an excellent result, well done you guys!!!! im droppin mine off later today for its final map and one or two extras!!!

Dan's a great guy and i've nothing but praise for him!!!

:D:D

Any news on how you got on with yours matey? or have i missed it in another thread :search:

Top stuff. Glad to hear everything worked out well :)

Thanks bud, shame to see that you have decided to sell yours :(

Had a little play with a SL55 AMG yesterday :D He was well up for it, we waited for the traffic to move out the fast lane and both gunned it, i couldnt use any more than 80% throttle and kept having to back off, until he moved out the way at 140leptons and the supra literally flew past him :D

These are 500bhp monsters so am very pleased in the way the supra performed against him. ;)

As i was slowing down for the sliproad to exit at my turn off he pulled along side me, wearing a HUGE grin and gave me the thumbs up etc :D

My 1st kill :)

Nice kill Mart, I assumed you'd be out driving it all the time as your never on here now :D

Hehe, i am mate, plus im on my ' 4 in ' in work now so im not getting much chance to get online.

Any news on your car mate?

Had a little play with a SL55 AMG yesterday :D He was well up for it, we waited for the traffic to move out the fast lane and both gunned it, i couldnt use any more than 80% throttle and kept having to back off, until he moved out the way at 140leptons and the supra literally flew past him :D

These are 500bhp monsters so am very pleased in the way the supra performed against him. ;)

As i was slowing down for the sliproad to exit at my turn off he pulled along side me, wearing a HUGE grin and gave me the thumbs up etc :D

My 1st kill :)

Now all that money spent was worth it :D so i suggest a nice 700cc bike then move up to 900, thats when you say "can i have 1.4 bar please"......