The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fast and Furious replica

Tourniquet

Well its the 2nd time its been on ebay in 2 months cos when i was trying to buy one i remember seeing it. And there from different locations i think

Makes me think there is something seriously wrong with it else the guy just cant handle what he bought!.

thats not a replica.... the one in the film was a N/a

and nice HKS fuse cover

The engine they show on the wrecked car is an N/A engine true. But that is just a film mistake. They used a real car and it was a single turbo 6 speed aero top producing around 650 bhp. The car exists somewhere!

As for this replica, in my opinion, if you are going to do it, do it properly.

First of all.......

Its not an Aero-top

Decals dont look quite right

No Interior roll cage

Stupid subs in the back

Rear spoiler is wrong

And they wheels arent right!! - any fan knows the real supra had 19" racing harts on it.

Its not a manual too

Im also not convinced that its the true lamborghini colour. Just doesnt quite look right. Though could just be the lighting. But I suspect they cheaped out on a copy colour.

The engine they show on the wrecked car is an N/A engine true. But that is just a film mistake.

Its not a mistake mate, when the dude with attention definciency disorder 'pops the hood' He says "wow, 2jze engine" not '2jzgte', and its an aerotop like you say, so it would have had to be an NA as the aerotop never came in TT.

Its not a mistake mate, when the dude with attention definciency disorder 'pops the hood' He says "wow, 2jze engine" not '2jzgte', and its an aerotop like you say, so it would have had to be an NA as the aerotop never came in TT.

The Aero- top never had a six speed gertrag either but the car in the film does does.

It a mistake in the film

The car that is in the film, at some point had an NA lump in it. which means it never used to have a getrag box in it. The running gear has obviously been changed, I still don't get how its a film mistake. ?

Right................

The Orange supra is supposed to be a TT - infact single turbo on a 2 JZ GTE

The crashed car they bring in, is just a random crashed car from a scrap yard. It happens to have the wrong engine in as no one noticed.

But its supposed to be a TT engine. The orange car exists in real life, they used it in filming and along with a lot of other replicas eg for the crash seen etc it produced 650bhp approx from a single turbo on a 2 JZ GTE. There were probably N/A replicas used on set as well. Doesnt mean that the car isnt supposed to be a TT.

Follow the link its all there.

Why would you knowing use the N/A engine in the fast and the furious?

really? didnt know that.

I still stand by saying that the fast and the furious supra isnt supposed to be an N/A.

Course its not. They made a mistake or most likely.....

They use about 5 replica cars, one being a TT, the other 4 are for crash scenes

After one crash scene they take the broken NA wreck and set it on fire and dirty it up to make it look really beaten up for that scene. Saving thousands of $$$$ being wasted on another car.

Course its not. They made a mistake or most likely.....

They use about 5 replica cars, one being a TT, the other 4 are for crash scenes

After one crash scene they take the broken NA wreck and set it on fire and dirty it up to make it look really beaten up for that scene. Saving thousands of $$$$ being wasted on another car.

Actually thinking about it the supra doesnt chash, its the charger that does.

Vin diesel escapes in the supra at the end. Possibly the best get away car ever?

:D

Guest gzaerojon

And they wheels arent right!! - any fan knows the real supra had 19" racing harts on it.

:yeahthat:

he needs my wheels on it ;)

when the dude with attention definciency disorder 'pops the hood' He says "wow, 2jze engine" not '2jzgte', and its an aerotop like you say, so it would have had to be an NA as the aerotop never came in TT.

You're wrong on both counts there matey. He says "Two Jay Zee" not "Two Jay Zee Eee"

and there's loads of aerotop TTs

The car that is in the film, at some point had an NA lump in it. which means it never used to have a getrag box in it.
6sp NAs with the Getrag do exist. They're not common but were made.

Right won't buy it for a single project then lol. I just thought in the film it was a cheap shitter that they threw "ten grand's worth of over night parts from Japan" at and turned it from whatever kind of Aerotop it was into a 6 speed big single turbo Ferrari killing Supra - imo the ultimate Supra. 6 speed topless big single - I want !

Right won't buy it for a single project then lol. I just thought in the film it was a cheap shitter that they threw "ten grand's worth of over night parts from Japan" at and turned it from whatever kind of Aerotop it was into a 6 speed big single turbo Ferrari killing Supra - imo the ultimate Supra. 6 speed topless big single - I want !

nice idea, but I would skip the aeroptop... ;)