The mkiv Supra Owners Club

new to forum

Guest Dave123

Guest Dave123

hi all... looking for a manual n/a supra black or dark blue.. with no silly body kits ... was considering a deal from my local garage which is.. supra with 132000 kms aftermarket 18inch wheels and exhaust.. the price is 6k but he offered me 2k for my s reg gsi vectra saloon with 142000 miles so balance of 4k, i've been looking around and this seems pricey.But i do get the safety of buying from a garage and dont get the usual timewasters looking at the vectra.. what do you experts think.. also if anyone has what i'm looking for and wants a vectra gsi in px, let me know..cheers Dave..

Guest Dave123

thanks for replies.. but a tt is unusable about these roads and auto's are not for me, i had a r33 gtr and that was a waste of time around here,so was the 10mpg lol.. had a test drive in the supra and it seems ok power wise ,liked the power delivery, about the same as the vectra ( i know, sorry ) i think the na is a good all rounder and can be used as a daily driver... but still looks a bit sporty... cheers Dave..

Guest shadowake

Seems a little overpriced a 6 grand but then im suprised they would give you 2 for your old car with that many miles :blink: doubt they could sell it on for much more than that.

it seems ok power wise ,liked the power delivery, about the same as the vectra

And sorry but I can't let it go, saying the Vectra is as nippy as the Supra is like saying sleeping with Jade Goody is just as good as an orgy with girls aloud. :p

Guest Dave123

I said the power delivery was about the same not the actual speed.. of course a big heavy vectra with 500cc and 30odd bhp less is not as nippy as a supra..i thought the 2k was ok since i only paid that for it 8 months ago ..believe it or not its a great car to drive... maybe i'm just getting old ,anyway who cares the supra is only a car for the wife to drive :D... cheers Dave