The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Huge turbo Lag

supraspeed

hi peoples,

got new supra (originally N/A) with approx 400bhp single turbo conversion.

problem is the turbo doesn't kick in til approx 4000rpm and just wondering if there is anything u can do to sort this out as its a bit frustrating. (has not been de-catted yet by the way)

n e ideas?

i've been trying to figure that out but it just has a serial number i think printed on and no manufactors name but has a lot of surface rust so could have been worn off. again its running at around the 400bhp mark so for an original N/A its probably quite good for the gains i assume

i've been trying to figure that out but it just has a serial number i think printed on and no manufactors name but has a lot of surface rust so could have been worn off. again its running at around the 400bhp mark so for an original N/A its probably quite good for the gains i assume

How do you know its 400BHP??, do you have a picture of the engine and or car ?? :)

i was told it was 400bhp and by driving it it feels about right so i'm getting it looked at by a tuning group to sort it all out as its just come from japan and i'm a bit unsure about what exactly is under the bonnet.

Show us some pics of the engine bud. We may be able to figure some of it out for ourselves

What a way to help a new member :rolleyes:

He's not exactly helping us help him though. I find his "n e ideas" writing style and vague posts quite frustrating to read.

I mean how can you have a single turbo with the stocks cats? Surely it's not possible to have the front cat with a single.

maybe he bought the blue shitter from lucifer and feels embarrassed

And came here looking for help.

Maybe you thought you were being funny?

If you don't like being slagged off in your threads http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=116020

then try keeping comments like that one to yourself.

Whilst I agree with Jake about the text speak, we are meant to be a community trying to help each other out. Lets try and keep it that way.

Guest Geneb
And came here looking for help.

Maybe you thought you were being funny?

If you don't like being slagged off in your threads http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=116020

then try keeping comments like that one to yourself.

Whilst I agree with Jake about the text speak, we are meant to be a community trying to help each other out. Lets try and keep it that way.

Nope i was being funny but at least not nasty like the majority of the planks on this forum