The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Battery Size

Guest shadowake

Guest shadowake

Hi just noticed the battery on my Supra seems to be the wrong one, it's too small for the battery tray and is a bit loose!

Does anyone know what size battery the Supra is meant to take?

Also as im getting a new one I might as well upgrade it to a performance one (cost dependant)!, anyone know of a good online retailer for batteries and/or performance batteries?

Cheers for any help :help:

Does it have smaller than normal terminal posts?

If so it may well be the small battery that the J spec cars had, I'm not sure if they all had them.

Probably the most common battery which is used is the one from Halfords, do a search on here to find the model or have a look in the catalogue at Halfords. It uses the larger terminal posts, quite a few have changed to this one but you of course need the normal size terminal clamps.

Guest shadowake

Yep it has smaller terminals on the battery but it looks like someone has just bodged the clamps on by overtightening with an extra nut :rolleyes: even with that they are still loose so im guessing it already had large clamps, hopefully they will bend back into shape.