The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi from New Zealand (for next week anyway)

Guest keif

Hi all,

I just thought I'd register and say Hi!

I am living in New Zealand at the moment but will be flying out to start a new life in your neck of the woods in a weeks time or so.

I used to own a Non Turbo 94 Supra here in New Zealand which I have of course sold along with an Toyota Altezza and a kit car with, you guessed it, a Toyota engine in that too :) Go the Toyota's :)

I'll be looking to buy a Turbo (6speed) Supra when I get settled in to things in the UK as I have been without a 2 door coupe for 4 months now and am getting withdrawal ;)

Kind regards, Keith

Wow, I can't believe you want to come here from NZ.

I've heard some parts of NZ are kind of sparse and too quiet for some people, but at least you can buy a house in a safe area over there for less than half a million pounds (1.3 million NZ$).

welcome! NZ is stunning, why come here??

Look into insurance before you buy and get too excited about it... sorry, hate to say it, but I really struggled getting insurance, even with a converted SA license, directly to a UK license. Finally sorted it tough.

Where in NZ you from?

Got pics of your old cars??

:( Welcome to the club, but bring along with you your wellington boots and waterproof Jacket because this country is wet, cold and really unpredictable.

On the pluss side, we have great international food like curry, no dangerous animals (excluding the occasional ill tempered badger) and a few good Supra events every year with dozens of great cars

yeah housing prices having been rising steadily here for the last 5-6 years, quite a big debate at the moment as young familys are starting to be unable to buy a first home.

1.3million NZD will buy you a very nice house in a very nice area.

300, 000 NZD would buy a average house in a bad area.

this is in auckland btw, the biggest city in NZ at a whopping 1.3 millon ppl (approx)

weather is pretty temperate, definately alot nicer than the UK (no offence). we have a few poms at work and they love it

the supra scene is nothing compared to the UK, i really envy you guys for that

keith, why on earth are you moving? :)

Guest keif

Hey all,

Thanks for the welcome :) Well I guess I am coming to you for the same reasons that you probably think coming here would be a better idea... It's all about change really... I'm not one to have things stay the same and well little old New Zealand may be a beautiful, spacious, cheap (that's a matter for a lot of discussion over a few a drinks) place to live, it is also about as far away from anything as you can get from time to time... You guys and gals can jet around Europe for pretty much nothing, you can drive, catch a train for fly and all are pretty cost effective... I have to pay 2K just to get to your part of the world... Though I can't sit still for very long (hence why I like to drive fast cars) so I'm flying business class :) you only live once right :)

As for the weather which, well, there will just have to be lots of road trips in mah new supra into Europe to find me some sunny beaches :D

I'm not too fussed about buying houses, I've sold mine here, but I don't want to settle down the instant I land... I'm pondering not worrying about work till sometime between Oct and Jan... But we'll see how long I last... I haven't had more than 2 weeks off work at one time in my whole life - haha

Initially I am going to fly to London and stay with some buddies there... But as for long term plan, I'll see what comes up when I rejoin the work force, I don't have to live in London, but even if I do I am pretty mobile and will find myself all over the UK from time to time I expect :) travelling a great speed I hope :D...

I'll try and track down some photos of my old cars, I know I have some, but a lot of my stuff is packed away since I'll be flying out this week so will see how I go :)

I can't wait :)

Thanks again for the awesome welcome, I look forward to meeting some of you in person in the future, hopefully for some awesome driving and a few brews, not at the same time mind you :)

Cheers, Keif