The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Engine warning light on breifly, any ideas?

ShamelessTT

Hi all,

Driving home from gym last night, my engine warning light came on. (Orange one to the left of the oil low light) and the red triangle.

Anyway i pull over , lift the bonnet and everything sounds fine and its ticking over and reving up prefect. So i turn off ignition and then start it again and no lights on dash what so ever and the car runs perfect all the way time, plenty of power etc.

At the time it came on i had done a like ~20 second blast of full power maybe, 90 leptops max.

Any ideas cheers, maybe just a freak electrical fault? speed sensor? (it is de-restricted)

Also recently my active spoiler has deployed when stationary and the light starts flashing on it! (I press the off button and it returns no problems then all is well again).

Bit odd.....

Si

:yeahthat:

Is yours manual or auto?

Mine is manual and does the same thing. It appears to be a code 42 which is a problem due to a dodgy delimiter/speedo conversion - search for code 42 for a wealth of info.

If it is auto then I believe a code 42 would be noticable in the drive as it confuses the autobox!

Then again I could just be talking crap as I am as mechanical as a baboon.

Guest Chumpalot
Hi all,

At the time it came on i had done a like ~20 second blast of full power maybe, 90 leptops max.

Any ideas cheers, maybe just a freak electrical fault? speed sensor? (it is de-restricted)

Si

20 seconds to 90mph... might want to get that sorted mate... :p:p

j/k, hope you sort the problem out :thumbs:

Hmm i had the wheels off other week , atleast the fronts looked ok. Got the UK conversion waiting to go on just gotta get some 2 fit it, i was hoping to get it sorted this w/e but i cant find anyone with time free.

I have to go to london on monday for a week so thats 150 miles each way, good brakes would b a good idea lol. My front left disc is warped you see and none of them seem to have much stopping power as they judder at high speed stopping.

Pants!

Cheers for the input guys, ill have a good look over it before my london trip.

If there is no fault code stored, there is every chance your brake fluid is just a tad low. However if you fill it right up bear in mind when you change your pads you may find you have too much in and will have to lose some.

I had this problem a few months ago and it was CW who diagnosed it correctly.

I will check this.......and come to think of it i was on a hill at the time...............

However i dont know whats in there already, your not suppose to mix it are ya? i was going for 5.1 ........i assume thats whats in but ive no clue.

There's no harm in mixing a higher grade fluid than what is already in there, but I expect at some point you'll need a full flush.