The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Badger 1 - VeilSide 0 -

Gerry

Just got back in after the best night training in the last six months.

Was having a gentle run home, thinking about the good night and feeing great when a kamakazi badger shot straight out into the road about five metres in front of me.

Doing about max legal speed on a DCW and swerved, but it was far to close and hit it full on with the near side front.

Lots of noise followed by the sound of bits falling off and then a horrible rubbing sound

Pulled over at next safe place and inspected the damage.

VeilSide has imploded and was pushed under the bonnet structure, so spent 15 minutes pulling it into rough shape and disconecting the dangling side light.

Went back to check that badger was dead and no sign of it. They are hugely strong beasts and it would have probably carried on for a short while until internal injuries killed it - hopefully quickly.

Can't see it living any length of time with the huge impact it took.

Crawled home and will inspect the full damage tomorrow morning.

Will now have to decide on insurance or not, and find a new nose and repairer who can fit it in ASAP.

It's booked in with KR in a month but can't wait that long :(

Feel sad for the badger and sad for the car - not such a good night now... :(

I know the feeling as I hit a fox back in about March doing a speedo 80. Quite a sickening feeling as it went under the car. Luckily the fox was killed outright and hopefully didn't suffer too much.

Sorry to hear about the damage caused. Hope it's not as bad as it first looks.

Unlucky fella, I made the mistake of swerving to hit an animal, instinct more than anything and : http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=114782

Still trying to source the bits I need, and it needs a bodyshop to sort it out...

If it's any help, as long as it's cosmetic, and depending on how much your insurance is of course, spend some time on here looking for bits, it's not hard to bolt things onto the front end, before I crashed mine, I rebuilt the front end just by figuring it out :)

i was driving along the a12 dual carrigeway 1 lorry overtaking another, sat there behind ready to go as he pulls in, as he does there was a dead badger in the road and the rear wheels of the lorry decided to splatter it and disharge the dead badgers contents all over my car, rotting blood and flesh everywhere, boy was i feeling queezy:(

I was a passegnger in a mondeo and we were driving to a meeting in penrith, just before we got there we all spots a huge stag running on the hills when it just bolted straight over the fence straight across the lanes and hit us full on in the passenger door.

I tells ya that sh1t me up big time!!!

Knackered the car completly after the daft bint who was driving it smached into the central reservation, the stag was still alive and had to be put down at the scene but it wasnt nice and was making some horrible noises as it was in so much pain, if i had something that i could have killed it with i would have to put the poor beast out of its misery :(

Mike

I once had a similar scenario with a suicide rabbit....it just stood no chance...thankfully it hit the tire - sharp end of the bumper....only a few rabbit hair stuck in the bumper to show for what happaned///

Rabbit (smallus fluffus) a few ounces of fur and fluffy stuff. :)

Badger (biggus brickusshithouses) a few stone of muscle and hardness. :(

G :)

Rabbit (smallus fluffus) a few ounces of fur and fluffy stuff. :)

Badger (biggus brickusshithouses) a few stone of muscle and hardness. :(

G :)

Bummer Gerry, Sorry to hear about this I can't believe that could have happened not a normal occurrence thank god... Hope you get this sorted soon. Not sure but Laz has mentioned that Elliot had a C1 nose cone for about £100 not sure how long ago and what condition etc but there may be a thread?

Lots of sympathy KatieC, Laz and Cameron.....:(