The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supercharger fitted-- updated 28-07-07

Shane

Just got in from a day that started at 5 am, horrid drive back from London but at least it's fitted.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q220/shaneg7ewl/DSCF0156.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q220/shaneg7ewl/DSCF0155.jpg

Took it off to drive home but the way we have done it means it is only two bolts to remove the top of the sandwich plate.

What do you think?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

be good to see it when it fully done and running, your leading the way for N/a drivers, fly the flag high

just looking at the photos: clear to to see where the super charger connects to the air intake

but where does the charge sux the air from?

be good to see it when it fully done and running, your leading the way for N/a drivers, fly the flag high

just looking at the photos: clear to to see where the super charger connects to the air intake

but where does the charge sux the air from?

Ta, the inlet port is on the back of the supercharger. In fact the way the outlet manifold is on the photos is unlikely to be how it will end up.

"nice to see someone trying something different, what sort of power are you hoping for ?"

At the moment the limiting factor for power is the transmision and the fact I intend to use stock compression ratio, won't be running any more than about 7 psi, but who knows for the future:search:

you coming to the meet on the 30th like to have a look?

Yes I might be able to get over. Did I see it was at sixfields?

It may not be fitted though, if not I will bring it in the boot so you can see it. Problem is that when it is on I cant fit the air filter until I do loads more fabrication. Depends on how much I can get done on Saturday. My bird is already moaning that I haven't seen her for ages because of the time I spend on the car... blah blah. If it doesn't rain on saturday I may be able to get it back on and then hook up a temporary induction arrangement so I can use it without the charger connected. Will be a few weeks before I get it anywhere like hooked up, I need to do loads before it is ready to connect. But am a huge step closer now and for the rest of the build I will be less reliant on others.

good work,,

FYI and youve prob researched this anyway, my last car was a lexus IS300 which is also a 2jz ge, over in the states there are 3 or 4 companies offering turbo kits for the IS300 (srt, phr, turboeast off the top of my head) and only one offering a supercharger kit, prolexperformance.com, using the vortech charger unit. had you looked at using this kit, as i assume very little if any modification would need to be done..

ive just been trying to get on ther website but with no luck, maybe problem my end..

good work,,

FYI and youve prob researched this anyway, my last car was a lexus IS300 which is also a 2jz ge, over in the states there are 3 or 4 companies offering turbo kits for the IS300 (srt, phr, turboeast off the top of my head) and only one offering a supercharger kit, prolexperformance.com, using the vortech charger unit. had you looked at using this kit, as i assume very little if any modification would need to be done..

ive just been trying to get on ther website but with no luck, maybe problem my end..

Last time I looked it wasn't available for the ge. It's the location of the dizzy on the ge that causes the problems. I believe the kit you are thinking of was for the later engine that didnt use a distributor but coil packs. But, could be wrong.

Last time I looked it wasn't available for the ge. It's the location of the dizzy on the ge that causes the problems. I believe the kit you are thinking of was for the later engine that didnt use a distributor but coil packs. But, could be wrong.

I believe you are spot on there Shane :)

Correct

http://www.lextasy.com/images_products/IS3_0011[1].jpg

Looking good so far Shane :thumbs:

That is looking great. Shane, very impressed. How long do you think it will be before it's up and running?

Cheers Jim,

Still lots to do, not only fabrication/pipework, but also engine management/fuelling side of things. So I dont know really how long it will be, but the good thing is that I am now not reliant on others and the rest I should be able to do myself. I still have 19 days holliday left so might take a few days off and get going on it. That's if it ever stops raining!

Just been looking at the SAFC2 paperwork, cant say that looks like the easiest of things to drive or install either.

You going to JAE again this year?