The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Like a new car

johnd-mkiv

Since getting the car back after having a full engine rebuild and t67 singl turbo conversion, I have not been overly happy with the performance, I have had a few issues lately that im not happy about but have fixed them myself unitll yesterday I have found the car not boosting above .6/.8bar which had me a little worried with not much help from the garage, I assumed it might be the wastegate on its way out. I had a clean up in the engine bay today and noticed a loose pipe turned out to be the main pipe coming from the boost controller I have connected this to another loose pipe I found while digging around, took her out for a run :blink:1.6 bar and I shit meself I think its hitting around 70 in second!! really pleased with it now:cool:

Going to have a good look around it this weekend for piece of mind :rolleyes:

when the weather picks up ill have some nice vids up :eyebrows:

nice....get some vids up asap :D ! lol

Nice one John, was 1.6 what you were expecting or is it over boosting, mine went to 1.7 when had problems with my vsv etc

+

Fishman mate , I never received them pics :(

Nice one John, was 1.6 what you were expecting or is it over boosting, mine went to 1.7 when had problems with my vsv etc

+

Fishman mate , I never received them pics :(

It was mapped to 1.6 and that was what the boost controller was set too so just assumed when it was on high boost that was what is was running. I never really payed much attention to the boost guage to busy looking at the road untill I recently got a chance to test it propperly.

Dont really want to flame the garage yet will see what they have to say first, if Im still not happy I will post up my experience with them, as I see this fair

ill send them again now from my other email.....wait a min....

Cheers mate, be waiting for them :thumbs:

It was mapped to 1.6 and that was what the boost controller was set too so just assumed when it was on high boost that was what is was running. I never really payed much attention to the boost guage to busy looking at the road untill I recently got a chance to test it propperly.

Dont really want to flame the garage yet will see what they have to say first, if Im still not happy I will post up my experience with them, as I see this fair

You ll be alright mate, some garages need to be flamed though!