The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Still waiting....

jase_93tt

OK, here goes.

Dropped my supe off at the garage on Saturday 14th April to have the next stage of tuning work done. Should have been ready for collection April 25th/26th but garage hadnt even started the work when I called them on the 24th (!). Timewise, the work should be taking them no longer than 1.5-2 days of their time to do absolute max. Only unforeseen delay was one of the supplied parts didnt fit, so had to wait 2 weeks for replacement part to arrive, which they arrived at the garage a month back.

To say Im getting a bit miffed is an understatement. Its getting closer and closer to JAE and my confidence in having my car ready is -100% at the moment.

I dont necessarily need my car for everyday driving, but thats no reason for them to not prioritise their workload in order to get my car out before doing any new jobs.

If and when the cars ready, Im expecting it to be perfect with absolutely no problems as they have had more time than necessary in order to do the work. Im also expecting a huge discount on their labour costs - which is my question to you guys - should the garage offer a good will gesture discount due to them letting me down big time ?

Ive done all the weekly chasing etc and Ive just left it with them to contact me when its done.

Opinions please.

"is it a trader on here?? or a local company??"

Not a trader on here. Local company who have done a fair bit of tuning work on the car over the years. They havnt let me down in the past. But this let down kinda makes up for all the times they never let me down :-o

"Go and collect it and take it elsewhere? I assume you didn't pay up front?"

Havnt paid a penny.

"I'd take it away, wouldn't pay and then I'd shame them to death on here"

Well said :)

i have been experiencing a similar problem albeit in a different area of business. Lots of promises followed by subsequent lies and excuses and deadline after deadline has passed :(. Take it to someone who deserves your money. If they are this slow when they are doing the work imagine how crap they will be if there is a problem !