The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Garage in Glasgow

Guest Lowraj

Guest Lowraj

Can anyone recommend a half-decent garage in the Glasgow area? I currently have two fairly simple issues that need resolved but dont have the tools or facilities to do it myself. Firstly my brakepads are loose on the front wheels and secondly I believe some of the bolts on the rear suspension are loose as I am experiencing similar knocking noises to those described in other threads.

So far visiting mainstream garages has been a total waste of time. I first tried National Tyres and they basically fannied about with the car on and off for about 2 weeks, replacing all sorts of expensive stuff which in retrospect did not need replaced. Eventually they put what was described as a fitting kit on the front brake pads and this helped a little but now the problem is as bad as ever again.

I then tried kwik-fit and they simply took the car off me for 2 days then told me that the fitting kit was loose and i would need to take it back to national tyres and get it sorted. On top of that they stripped one of my wheel nuts and didnt even tell me! I only found out when I discovered the wheel nut wedged in the back of the passenger seat later in the day.

Neither of the two would do anything regarding the rear suspension - both simply saying they could not hear any noise when driving the car. (As im sure some of you know the knocking noise can be pretty loud!)

Anyway apologies for the rambling but im just a bit frustrated at this stage. If anyone in the Glasgow area knows of a decent place to go then please let me know! Thanks in advance :).