The mkiv Supra Owners Club

6 speed manual.....twitchy rear end

msearle

ive had 3 na autos.just bought my first 6 speed manual.in the wet my autos were pretty stable,but the manual is twitching everywhere!! got new tyres allround.not just coming out of corners,1-3 gear change,the tyres are trying to spin.maybe the auto had a more evenly spread rev range.im not a speed maniac either,this is just normal driving!! anyone had the same??:search:

Guest bacon-90

not yet but im lookin forward to the challenge ahead of me..im now goin from a pug to a 6speed twin turbo so should be interestin....

Guest bacon-90

thought that falkens were ment to b gud in the wet....wot tyres do u guys recommend instead.....

Translation for those tht don't understand text speak :rolleyes:

"I thought that Falkens were meant to be good in the wet, what tyres do you guys recommend?

I would say you have something seriously wrong somewhere then. I haven't driven a lot of non turbo Supra's to be honest but I cant believe you'd get much wheelspin (if any) in 2nd gear let alone third gear. I would look at tyre pressures and suspension for something a miss somewhere, possibly even diff. Nothing stands out as being wrong though I presume?

Guest howie700

Didn't think the non turbo's would do that!!!

Mine will light up at 90 in the dry, in fact it can be so funny in the wet I actually leave the traction control ON, which creates other problems. But I know I have a problem which I am hoping Chris Wilson is going to cure as soon as I have the time etc.. to get it to him.. Even after I expect it to spin up at 70 plus in the dry,,, might just be a bit more stable and predictable...

Anyway,,, isn't it more fun like this???