The mkiv Supra Owners Club

non turbo performance!!

Guest shielsy

Guest shielsy

What would be a realistic bhp you could get out of an non turbo with some modifications and what mods would be most benefical for a non turbo supra??

Have a look in the technical section. There is a recant threrad about this. Very costly to get serious gains though.

Michael beat me to it. I agree with him. Having said that im thinking of going NA-TT after seeing Jezz's thread.

A little bit like 'serious Fun' Jake? Always loved that example in good ol' English lessons. :)

Are there any others you can think of though - non car related! ;)

American Intelligence

Liquid gas

Advanced BASIC

Scottish culture

Same difference

Happily married

tbh, its all been said. The NA came out of the factory with around 220bhp as standard. Time will whittle this down to around 200bhp. About the only usefull mods you can do to liberate a few more ponies is to fit a full after market exhaust system, remove both cats, and.....erm, thats about it.

Mr T's stock air induction system is better than most aftermarket kits - fitting a different one can actually restrict the air flow;)

You can throw silly money at an NA but the most you'll get out is another 20 or 30bhp. Better you keep that money and buy a stock TT. You'll be looking at around 320bhp and can BPU it for a grand or so :)

L

The more I read these posts on N/a's, the more I feel theres a conspiracy by TT owners to put down the performance of n/a's.

This in turn drives the price of n/a's down and increases the price of TT's!!

More people who are interested in buying a Supra need to be aware that if you buy a TT you will spend most of your money modding it, it will spend most of its life either being modded or broken...

and

At the end of the day...it will still look the same as an n/a but will probably be about 2 seconds quicker!!

The n/a is a reliable daily drive that will not knock a massive dent in your pocket...unlike a TT!!!!!!

BRING ON THE ABUSE!!!!!

With a TT you have the option of modding it - there are plenty of people who have stock TT's and they are just as reliable as an N/A (just faster ;))

These threads only come about when people ask questions like this one.

Personally i think its funny and absolutly nothing to do with trying to adjust the value of our cars via a keyboard.

Its perfectly possible to increase the output from an NA engine. Its just a couple of orders of magnitude harder and more expensive than doing it on a turbo engine. The maximum likely returns are also much lower. You also can't get the kit off the shelf.

I would really like to see someone do a pukka job on an NA, just to see what might be possible, but I doubt we will ever see it.

blah blah blah, whine whine whine . . .

If someone asks about performance and na supras, then it's only fair to let them know what they could have. Otherwise they may end up regretting it - what if they don't want a reliable daily driver that can be out-accelerated, out-braked, and out-handled my most modern hot hatches? :innocent:

Nonsense

Of course it's not.

I use my Supra as my plaything, and I use an old banger as my daily driver. It saves on the fuel and servicing bills too, but means that when I get home from work I can go out and enjoy my car.

I know there's a lot of people on here who are in similar circumstances.