The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Curious, did i pay too much?

ShamelessTT

4 months ago now, i bought my JSpec TT (Silver) M Reg, with 79,000 km (~49,000 miles) on the clock. I gave £6700 all in for it........body work was a bit rough in places / no stereo etc.

The car suits the mileage tho, its very tidy under the bonnet (bit dusty but you'd expect that) , drives wonderful and plenty of power.

Interior is pretty decent, steering wheel hardly a mark on it (Ive done several with my steering lock tho lol). Only bit is under the hand brake / window switches where someone with rings has driven it and caught the plastic surround with them.

I was the first UK Reg owner, just interested to see if this was a decent price or not?

4 months ago now, i bought my JSpec TT (Silver) M Reg, with 79,000 km (~49,000 miles) on the clock. I gave £6700 all in for it........body work was a bit rough in places / no stereo etc.

The car suits the mileage tho, its very tidy under the bonnet (bit dusty but you'd expect that) , drives wonderful and plenty of power.

Interior is pretty decent, steering wheel hardly a mark on it (Ive done several with my steering lock tho lol). Only bit is under the hand brake / window switches where someone with rings has driven it and caught the plastic surround with them.

I was the first UK Reg owner, just interested to see if this was a decent price or not?

Sounds right for 4 months ago, even a little cheap tbh. I paid 8k for a 32k '96. 3 months ago. Extremely tidy, needed rear tyres and 80 quids worth of wheel refurb, all docs etc.

As a comparison I paid £6100 (+ £300 for an alarm) for a 1993 Auto RZ with 23,000 miles (genuine) about one year ago - it also had a broken stereo. I was also the first UK owner. Engine spotless, interior spotless (apart from sticky mark on dash where someone had probably stuck one of those mascot things, ring scratches under hand brake), bodywork perfect (apart from scratches near door handles where ring wearers have done very slight damage). One of the lamps was also heavily fogged.

I think I did pretty well, even though it is one of the oldest out there.

Humm...agree with Andy, sounds cheap. I bought my j-spec TT manual 94 plate at the end of May for £11k. 60,000 miles on the clock but immaculate engine and bodywork. Interior a little tired.

Sounds like you got a good deal!

Doesnt sound too bad, i paid £5.5k for mine, BUT

Rust patch needed sorting, (did myself ~£30)

70K miles

Cam belt needed doing, (DIY, £28)

VSS's need doing. (yet to do)

No sterio or rear speakers (although i didnt know about the rear speakers untill i found (or didnt in this case) them.)

I bought it as a bit of a project though :)

auto a fair price, manual would be a bargain;)

Humm...agree with Andy, sounds cheap. I bought my j-spec TT manual 94 plate at the end of May for £11k. 60,000 miles on the clock but immaculate engine and bodywork. Interior a little tired.

Sounds like you got a good deal!

Sounds a little over the top Eve, but then manual must go for 2k more, so not too bad.

As other people have said "we'll pay what we want for the car we love".