The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Oil Catch Can - Where does it go.

Fargo

No offence me old china teacup but if you dont know where it hooks up to, why do you want to fit it?

Now now boys stop being so snobby, Rob im sure you were born with knowledge of where, how and what everything does but some of us were not as blessed, or would you like me to put you down with my vastly superior knowledge of Gas boilers, CV values of Gas, percentage and temp's for gas explosions, pressure drops etc (assuming your not a CORGI gas man of course) for your info i know what it does, but was just asking where you guys usually fit it etc,,

Cos its bling bling Rob!! :D As long as its bling who cares where it goes!

annnnnd another one..

Slight Hijack:

Is there any benefit (or indeed drawback) to be had fitting a catch can to BPU?

I'm under the (hopefully not misguided) impression that one might help minimise oil mist in my intake hoses, and out my BoV

Mike

ahh look some useful information, thanks.;)

No, i found out by looking for the info i needed ;)

If you know what it does, surely its logic to figure out where it goes ;)

thats why i asked :p thought i would gather some opinons of what others have done.

appolgies if i went off on one, but it bugs me on forums when people post crap like that

thats why i asked :p thought i would gather some opinons of what others have done.

wise move, you avoid silly mistakes and/or reinventing the wheel

...appolgies if i went off on one, but it bugs me on forums when people post crap like that

You've got to take the attitude in your stride.

If the same questions are posted time and again it is normal for more 'established' members to become annoyed/sarastic/smartastic. But if you persist you'll get to pick their brains;)

The alternative is a forum full of txt-spk morons who only talk in nmbrs and apostrof's.

Friendly m8s, but technically inept.

Which one do you prefer?:search:

appolgies if i went off on one, but it bugs me on forums when people post crap like that

No worries ;)

We seem to be in a generation of folks fitting shiny stuff to cars with not much clue what it does or why its needed :(

wise move, you avoid silly mistakes and/or reinventing the wheel

You've got to take the attitude in your stride.

If the same questions are posted time and again it is normal for more 'established' members to become annoyed/sarastic/smartastic. But if you persist you'll get to pick their brains;)

The alternative is a forum full of txt-spk morons who only talk in nmbrs and apostrof's.

Friendly m8s, but technically inept.

Which one do you prefer?:search:

err non test speak i think si the winner :) i was just saying the missus only yesterday after watching on the news some teenager speaking that the problem with kids today is they have no command of the spoken word and its texts that are to blame.

No worries ;)

We seem to be in a generation of folks fitting shiny stuff to cars with not much clue what it does or why its needed :(

yeh i hear ya, blame the max power text generation ;)

lol err im lost.

Sorry mate, it was just a facetious comment, due to one of my first posts on here regarding catch cans, a few people tried to treat me like a prat!

Thing is i do happen to know what i'm talking about most of the time;)

The fittings on your other post are known as Aeroquip fittings, due to the makers,very expensive, but there are cheaper available, Earls for one, they are usually constructed of alloy, the sizes are also measured in AN, and JIC, think there is a guide that will give you the size equivalents on here somewhere.