The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which Sat Nav For Under £200

Supradan

No, the one for sale on the link I posted is the "D" version like this:

http://www.handtec.co.uk/product/338/garmin-nuvi-310d--v9----garmin-traffic-module-gtm-12---deluxe--br-

D = Deluxe I think, means you get the traffic services stuff and the TMC receiver so it can help you avoid bad delays.

This one will give you bluetooth handsfree too :)

If you are in the market for a phone as well and would prefer a device that fits in your pocket and is handheld all in one unit sat nav then have a look at either the nokia n95 or the orange spv m700. I have the M700 and its a fantastic bit of kit. Its easy ish to unlock to any network, the tom tom 6 nav software is available here and there and it operates both car and hand held no bothers. I paid £240 for mine a couple of months ago on ebay spankers new so I guess they should be easily that sort of money or less by now. Jake from here had a nokia N95 from carlos I think for very similar money so it might be worth asking him what the nav functions are like on that.

I find a £2.99 motoring atalas from a petrol staion is more than adequate, will any of the modern generation be *ABLE* to read a map when the baloon goes up and the staellite navigation satellite signals are turned off? :) A lot of people using sat nav to find my house end up bloody miles away!

Well when the baloon goes up I for one am not gonna be making for an address I don't know chummly :D I also find that whilst trying to drive its rather difficult to open and accurately follow a map. If your mrs does the reading or god forbid the driving (tongue in cheek the driving bit) then you have a special one as most would navigate me to timbukflamin2 rather than any actual destination. As for ending up miles away from your house when using sat nav thats no surprise as I bet your postcode covers 20 square miles :D

looks good I recently bought one of these and it is spot on.

http://www.road-angel.co.uk/road_angel_navigator_6000.htm

£179 delivered

I've got one of these and I'm not all that impressed with it, mainly because the little icons in the corner are not all that clear - at roundabouts it shows the exit and not the direction etc. Also, the other night it told me to "follow the road for 15 miles" but didn't bother to tell me to filter onto a different road half way through those 15 miles...

And it's £4 a month subscription so you can update the camera database.

I find a £2.99 motoring atalas from a petrol staion is more than adequate, will any of the modern generation be *ABLE* to read a map when the baloon goes up and the staellite navigation satellite signals are turned off? :) A lot of people using sat nav to find my house end up bloody miles away!

LOL when i was a lad we had to add and subtract and multiply without using a calculator, and we could do our homework without the use of a computer;):tongue:

I'm being serious by the way:)

CW has a point. I rely on Sat Nav to get me everywhere I don't know. I don't even look at the route I just bung the destination into TomTom and blindly go where it tells me. Usually that works fine but yesterday I need to go to Leicester but when I got to the M1 it was closed because of an accident. I told TomTom to avoid the m1 for the next 3 miles and find an alternative - which usually works fine - but this time it just said "No route found" - bloody marvellous.

I've got one of these and I'm not all that impressed with it, mainly because the little icons in the corner are not all that clear - at roundabouts it shows the exit and not the direction etc. Also, the other night it told me to "follow the road for 15 miles" but didn't bother to tell me to filter onto a different road half way through those 15 miles...

And it's £4 a month subscription so you can update the camera database.

ok well it does not for you but does for me. I had a road angel2 till some one nicked it. So it does work fine for me ;)