The mkiv Supra Owners Club

One For The Auto Boys

Supra ST Myster

Ok, so what do you think of this, i have made a small slim line box which consists of 2 blue 7segment LEDs..

One of the 7 Segment LEDs tells you what gear you have selected from the auto lever, and the other actually shows you what gear the auto box is actually in, so for instance, you select Drvie, the left LED will show D, and if the box is in 4th the right one will show D, but when you kick down the right one will then show 3 and so on.. Be good to monitor the box selection i think?

Would people be interested in this? As will be applying for a hobbyist soon and this is one of the things that will be on there..

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

which bit dont you get?

i get it now :D

it's for when it's being used in Auto mode so you can see which of the gears you're using.

for some bizarre reason i was thinking "but you can see which gear you're in when you select it"

never mind :blush:

Now this would be a trick addition to the defi HUDs you can buy. Sell your idea to that lot lol. Must admit I would like a HUD level reading of what gear I have selected as I often go a bit crazy and go from D to N. Could this device possibly be stuck into a 52 or 60 mm circular face and mounted in an A-pillar pod? Obviously not for £25 but its a thought if you are gonna go hobbyist.

Now this would be a trick addition to the defi HUDs you can buy. Sell your idea to that lot lol. Must admit I would like a HUD level reading of what gear I have selected as I often go a bit crazy and go from D to N. Could this device possibly be stuck into a 52 or 60 mm circular face and mounted in an A-pillar pod? Obviously not for £25 but its a thought if you are gonna go hobbyist.

Thinking about it there is no reason why i cant extend the cables going to the two seven segment LEDs so if thats the case then they can be mounted in the gauge cluster or as you ask a 52/60mm circular face and insert it onto the A pillar hole depending on which one you have.