The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whats Wrong With Veilside???

Blackie

i have seen on a couple of post that veilside seem to have a bit of a reputation for being a bit crap, i have veilside side skirts and bumper but standard rear spoiler, as i personally think the veilside wing is over the top. what do you lot think of the veilside bumper/skirts??

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have seen on a couple of post that veilside seem to have a bit of a reputation for being a bit crap, i have veilside side skirts and bumper but standard rear spoiler, as i personally think the veilside wing is over the top. what do you lot think of the veilside bumper/skirts??

I don't know what is wrong with this body kit mate. I know only that i don't like it. ;)

Guest shadowake

Well I've got a Veilside front and love it.

Think the thing is a lot of people see them as being a bit wild and over the top, but when you drive a Supra what else would you want! :D

To be honest I think kits like the Veilside ones would look crap on most cars, but the Supra seems to lend itself well to outrageous styling. It really is a personal choice thing.

I don't remember reading anyone saying VS were crap as in rubbish fitting or quality etc.

It's just that the VS look has been done to death in the UK Japcar scene and some people are voicing their opinion of the style.

Personally I think the style suits the Supra more than any other car - but I still wouldn't have one. ;)

I personally think that the Veilside kits can look really good, in fact I had one - but you also find cars with cheap replica kits, poorly painted and naff wheels etc, makes it look bad.

Veilside kits generally get the thumbs down on this forum, but I like it and so do many others.

For me it was probably because many years before I could afford a Supra, I had a picture of a Veilside Supra on my desktop. Also had a picture of the Veilside R33 GTR widebody, still like that too :)

I agree with you that the wing is far too OTT. I quite like the C1 nose cone, I think they went too far with the C2, it's a bit too fussy IMO and there's not much wrong with the skirts of spats.

After all it's about choice, and if we were all sheep then nearly everyone would have a Do Luck front and Trial rear wouldn't they ;) :D

I quite like a C1 nosed car with whatever side skirts/spats on a dark colour de-spoilered. Heracy I hear them say. :D

But as long as you're happy.