The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Howdy!

CarlM

Hi there!

Been interested in Supras for a few months now, been browsing the forum for a few days and found it very interesting. Hoping to expand my knowledge on supras and buy one in 2 years, saying i can't wait is a understatment, you lucky sods!

They look so damn sexy and please tell me, how quick are they...? :D

PS - Banzai and Whifbitz rock!

Catch ya later! Carl :run:

Guest shadowake

Hi Carl, know exactly how you feel, wanted a Supra last year but really couldn't afford the insurance at 23. Decided to buy a Mazda to last me two years until I was 25, but just sold it and bought my first Soop. Collecting it on Tuesday and can't wait!

Sure you'll crack and buy one sooner ;)

I had a play with a ferrari 430..... he had nothing on me (though traffic wasnt kind to us both for a longer run).... hows that :D

Welcome by the way

:D Nice.

How does 4.9, 180+, SQ standard 13 secs, sound. Oh and less than 10 years ago, these cars retailed at 42k.

Welcome aboard mate.:)

Guest Killswitch

welcome dude, im also a non owner of the Supra and i am also interested in buying one, but at the tender age of 21 the insurance is still a bitch :(

Hey hey! Cheers for the replys, very welcoming here! :)

Theres some beautiful cars on this site! The supra to me will be a every day car and a hobbie, all them gadgets, bolt ons and upgrades will keep me happy for years!

Insurance can be the barrier, heres some interesting figures for you... Been playing with confused.com

I'm 18, with 0 years NCB, third party only, insurance for a TT 1994 manual supra would cost me £3468.50 BUT! with 2 years NCB

third party only £1285.12 - Thats less than i pay now!

TPFT £1133.36

Fully comp £1934.62

Not too bad in my opinion, but im not ready for something to powerful yet anyway, 2 years is my target! Is that sensible? Ive just insured by own car under my own policy, previously i was a named driver for over a year. It's cost me just over 1.5k. Oh well!

Thanks for the welcome guys i hope i can eventually put in a great deal to this forum because im sure you guys will benefit me, thanks alot! :cool:

Welcome!

I wouldn't recommend third party insurance in a Supra tbh. For the simple reason that *if* anything goes wrong when you're out having fun, and you take out a fence/signpost/cow/chav, you won't be covered. I'd always try and stretch to fully comp personally. I paid over a grand for my insurance on a 1.4 Corsa when I was 18. Five years NCB later and I'm paying less than that on a UK supra now.

Which companies have you been getting quotes from? When you decide to take the plunge, the usual suspects that arise are Sky (club insurers), Adrian Flux, A Plan and Elephant. And I've heard people say they were surprised at low quotes, only to discover it was a mk3 Supra or a UK car on the quote - the figures you've got suggest it's a J-spec mk4 TT though, but just in case :)

Waiting for a bit is a good idea. I decided last summer that I would try and aim to buy a Supra this coming Autumn. By about October I'd cracked and had her before Christmas :D

As for how quick are they, it's more a question of how fast do you want to go? Spend enough on that single turbo conversion and there won't be a lot that can out-do you! Stock is still seriously quick enough for me at the moment having only driven said Corsa since I was 18!

Sorry for the long post!

Thanks for the detailed reply, much appreciated. It was for a mk5 supra defo though. Im going crazy about supras now.

How much should i be looking to spend if im after the following specification:

Black

TT

Manual

Low miles

Full leather (or half, you can get the front seats done quite easily cant you?)

All the extras, electric seats, etc.

Thanks, Carl.

Thanks for the detailed reply, much appreciated. It was for a mk5 supra defo though. Im going crazy about supras now.

How much should i be looking to spend if im after the following specification:

Black

TT

Manual

Low miles

Full leather (or half, you can get the front seats done quite easily cant you?)

All the extras, electric seats, etc.

Thanks, Carl.

Hi and welcome mate.

Supras with the manual box in TT guise are the most valuble so good taste! ;):D

Think the cheapest i've seen a manual TT 6-spd was around £8k which is entry level and they go up to £15k+ based on mods, age, condition.

I bought a 300ZX TT UK spec at 19 and in the long run VERY glad I suffered the pinch of insurance at £2.5K a year as meant my broker could extend a policy for 30+ down to 25+ so with all mods declared i.e single turbo 550HP I paid £470 a year fully comp.

Stick with it and persevere and you'll get the car of your dreams one day.

All the best and hope you enjoy and learn as much as I have from this forum.

Cheers.

Pete :D

:welcome: no sure how you could wait that long, but have fun:d

I can! ;):D

Had to sell mine to break away from the folks and now looking at settling with the new woman in my life and her son so might be 2yrs for me as well! :blink:

Saying that, gives me time to pick my mods and maybe start stockpiling! :D:d

I had my dream fulfilled and at 27 now, I can wait till i'm 29/30 for that buzz again. :)