The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie <---- thats me!

Guest Killswitch

Guest Killswitch

Afternoon everyone, my names Karl and i've just registered and thought id poke my nose in and say hey. Unfotunately i dont own a Supra (yet) but ive had a keen interest in the MkIV for a few years now. At the end of October in joining the RAF and im interested in buying a supra as a project car, something for me to work on to help pass the time and stuff.

Thats basically why im here, to interact and talk to people who know about these cars ins and outs, any advice would be much appreciated.

I look forward to meeting people

Karl

Hey Karl. Welcome to the club.

Killswitch = bike = huge bang and flames and stuff coming out the exhaust. Massive fun.Especially in tunnels. :D

Thanks for the explaination AndyT. I thought it was weird concidence as I was watching a band called Killswitch Engage on Kerrang!!:blink:

H.

Guest Killswitch

haha, thanks for the welcomes everyone, seems like a pretty awesome place to hang out. Ill deffinately be checking out the FAQs and stuff.

As for the Name, Havard has it in one, Killswitch Engage are currently playing on my Itunes ;)

Hey Karl. Welcome to the club.

Killswitch = bike = huge bang and flames and stuff coming out the exhaust. Massive fun.Especially in tunnels. :D

haha, thanks for the welcomes everyone, seems like a pretty awesome place to hang out. Ill deffinately be checking out the FAQs and stuff.

As for the Name, Havard has it in one, Killswitch Engage are currently playing on my Itunes ;)

Mint!! Is there a "ner ner na ner ner" smile I can use for AndyT....:D

H.

D'oh. What're the chances?

Cedes to the wisdom of H. :respekt: :)

Guest Killswitch

Just been looking around and i have to say... i know why people love the MkIV, its such a beautiful machine!

The FAQs are awesome, so hats off to the poeple that contributed to that.

Luckily when i do eventually get my hands on one of these beasts im not looking for one in mint condition, preferably id like it to run and have a good strong chasis, but thats all i really need as im planning on pretty much rebuilding the car from the ground up as an ongoing project while im slowly building my NCB to be able to insure it image . Well... thats the plan anyway.

Get into the for sale section mate. Also , maybe ask Jezzybabes if he has anything in the pipeline. He's the club resident breaker / trader.

Trouble is, if the car's tatty then pound to a pinch of salt the engine won't be much better and that can mean horrible expense.

Guest Killswitch
Get into the for sale section mate. Also , maybe ask Jezzybabes if he has anything in the pipeline. He's the club resident breaker / trader.

Trouble is, if the car's tatty then pound to a pinch of salt the engine won't be much better and that can mean horrible expense.

Awesome stuff, thankfully my grandad is a mechanic and owns his own company/shop, having contacts like that can come in very handy when doin a rebuild. I doubt im goin to be able to buy a Supra for almost 2 years as i have ALOT of training to do first for my new career (9weeks somewher near london then 16months near Cardiff), but once thats out the way and im settled into my first 'posting' i can get the car and start the work on it. Ill deffinately be around here alot too. This place is a goldmine image

Guest Killswitch

Thanks Nic :) Its good to be here.

Anyways, i have to go feed myself and start getting ready for work now, chances are i'll be back here in about 6 hours to continue my hardcore browsing and general assimilation of all this vast knowledge and experience.

Have a good day everyone

Karl.

Thanks Nic :) Its good to be here.

Anyways, i have to go feed myself and start getting ready for work now, chances are i'll be back here in about 6 hours to continue my hardcore browsing and general assimilation of all this vast knowledge and experience.

Have a good day everyone

Karl.

Catch you later!!;)

H.

Looks like im gonna have to cough up my tenner come payday, can't seem to post in many of the threads i'd like to :(

Get your hand in your pocket mate!! You wont regret it......;)

Ten quid pales into insignificance once you buy a Supra. It will almost get you to the end of the street in petrol......:sly:

H.

Guest Killswitch

And then i can add my new banner to the works... I hate posting in forums and not having anything below my text lol