The mkiv Supra Owners Club

arguing with police about the soop

Chris and Alana

hi guys, I couldnt beleive how argumentitive this police guy was. Im in scotland visiting the fiance's parents and we came out the local pub after a couple drink and seen are mates talking to a police man so we wen over and some how ended up talking about cars and he asked what everyone was driving and my fiance (alana) said a toyota supra, and then said 'but this car might keep up' :tongue: just being polite I think as it was an astra estate :blink: and he turns around and says I dont know, it might, what power is it. My fiance looked at me as in thats your que so I say its a mk4 supra, 3litre twin turbo running about 400bhp at 1.2bar. He then says how fast will it go? I replied . . abut 180ish and it will do 0-60 in about 4.5 seconds, he then tells me im talking shite and I need to get my speedo checked :blink: I said Im not one for lying, thats just what it will do. He then asked what Iv had it to. I say just over 150mph but it had loads to go and he says well 150 is a big difference from 190, I was thinking I never mentioned 190 but anyway. . . he then said I have a 4.7 litre jag that doesnt do that and that mine is only a 3litre. I said you cannot compare a N/a to a turbo just on engine size and he turned around and said to me. . we'll just have to agree to disagree. What a knob!! he then turned around and said well whats the car making up for then? I thought to my self, what a fucking bell end, but I replied . . the lack of power that your jag has :D he didnt say much after that but what a cock. I even told im what the soop does standard 0-60, top end, quater mile, etc. and he didnt believe me. Sorry for the pointless long thread but I needed to get it off my chest. I think he just coudnt handle the fact that Im half his age with a car that maybe cost a 1/4 of his and that it would whoop his jags ass, never mind his dodgy astra estate with its go faster stipes.

hi guys, I couldnt beleive how argumentitive this police guy was. Im in scotland visiting the fiance's parents and we came out the local pub after a couple drink and seen are mates talking to a police ma................that it would whoop his jags ass, never mind his dodgy astra estate with its go faster stipes.

I was hoping that the two of you would have taken the two cars out for a drag race :D

...and said well whats the car making up for then? I thought to my self, what a fucking bell end, but I replied . . the lack of power that your jag has :D ...

nice one, although you could have refrained from the encounter altogether.

When people ask me what car I've got I usually say an old Astra diesel estate. Which is true.

Let them think they're kings of the road, who cares...

Guest shadowake
he then turned around and said well whats the car making up for then?

Hmmm and he's got a 4.7 litre, wonder what he's making up for, obviously the fact that he knows fook all about cars and thinks bigger is always better. Well he was certainly the biggest something there by the sounds of it.....

I don't think the fact that he was a copper is anything to do with him being a knob, some people are just born like that :)

copper and knob always seem to go together well.

Clearly a bit of a knobber, but thats really not the case for all police. I've been pulled over a few times and in general they're interested in the car and the performance (one spent nearly 15minutes asking about it).

That said, the very first time I got pulled over (after booting off a set of lights), the guy said "you may think you have a fast car, but we have them too", then he pointed to his Omega :D I managed not to to react...

copper and knob always seem to go together well.

Good attitude for a n00b. That'll get you far here

Tell that to our police person members that are all good guys. Ones even a moderator you know :p

Two are (K14 SUP) ;)

Yep I would be one of them lol. Shame he didnt know what he was talking about, he's obviously embarrased himself there!:rolleyes:

There are nobbers in all walks of life. Especially in our profession. ;)