The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Oversteer

devster360

Generally, assuming you are accelerating you should ease off the power and counter steer. Don't jump off the accelerator completely or brake, as that will transfer weight forwards and give you even less rear grip. Be ready to steer back the other way again as soon as you begin to regain rear grip or you will fishtail.

If you were braking and the rear came out (unlikely with ABS) you should ease off the brakes to allow weight to transfer rearwards and give you more rear grip.

if you get the back-end out.....steer in the opposite direction and you should be able to pull it back in (obviously depends how much you have got it out and how quick you are on the wheel) :D

if you cant manage that.....then, buy a punto :D

Or the kerbs! There's a lot of them in the car parks round here.

Wherever he is, there must be loads of places you can try to lose control of the car without doing any real damage!!

I did most of my pi$$ing about on Asda especially when it was icy or even better with snow!:cool:

H.

I remember once turning up in a Tescos car park when the store was shut. There was about 12 of us in 4 cars. One lad was ill and promptly jumped out and threw his guts up everywhere. Within about 30 seconds of us pulling up, some jumped up security guard came charging over in a Chavalier or something, shouting at us to "not hold boy racer meets in his car park". We were in several unmodified cars - a Punto, Corsa, 306 and a Seat Alhambra!!

Fair plays if you can get away with it, but that experience kinda put me off going to superstore car parks to try anything :(