The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ebay intercooler

Vantage

Guest Nicholas
there are Supra "fit" intercoolers being advertised for £295 + shipping, and compare quality with HKS etc

Has anybody bought/fitted one of these.Or is it a case of "you gers what you pay for"!!!!

regards

James

If you buy one of those you deserve to be banned! you cannot compare a £295 intercooler to the £1000 HKS one *sigh*

If you buy one of those you deserve to be banned! you cannot compare a £295 intercooler to the £1000 HKS one *sigh*

being a newbie and having a standard TT, would know what an HKS was if it hit me, but presume you are telling me that ebay item would

not be fit for purpose

I must replace my daughters £30 Swatch as it is as accurate as my Rolex, surely there is something wrong with it as it is a 1/500th of the price of mine!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Nicholas
being a newbie and having a standard TT, would know what an HKS was if it hit me, but presume you are telling me that ebay item would

not be fit for purpose

I must replace my daughters £30 Swatch as it is as accurate as my Rolex, surely there is something wrong with it as it is a 1/500th of the price of mine!!!!!!!!!!!!

You own a Japanese performance car and you don't know what HKS is? Ok, well I apologise for my ignorance towards your thread then and having read your watch theory you're right go buy the eBay intercooler, it'll be great :)

Guys.....you're being stupid. He has no idea and asked a perfectly reasonable question.

Vantage, the quality of the fins, fit and airflow are normally not even close to the quality of the branded ones.

This is the experience of previous buyers but you could always give it a go yourself if you were set on it, £300 wouldn't really break the bank.

Mr Vantage sir,

You seem to talk the talk of a guy with money, so im not quite sure why you would want to scrimp on the parts you fit to the car.

Fit the best you can afford or you will find yourself with a time bomb :)

Dammit Rob....you spoiled my fun :p

Rob & Lewis, many thanks, Toyota part was circa £1000, and people my secretary called were as she put it " very curt" with it, I would not know where to go for alternatives, hence the post .So from what you are saying, will buy genuine item despite hating parting with money to ungrateful people ala Toyota.My business runs on the simple premis that it is people spending money with us, pays our wages.

Best regards

James

gents, thanks for advice, paranoid in keeping turbo's cool, as due to high mileage car is doing, and that I am also spending a lot of time stationary on M25, and then 2-3 hrs of "spirited" motorway driving, day in , day out.So C.Wilson it is

BR

James

James,

If you look at the end tank design of the cheaper FMICs you will notice that the end tanks are very shallow and not great for efficient airflow through all of the core. Compare them with a higher priced GReddy or HKS intercooler and the difference is more apparent.

(although GReddy do some poorly designed cheap intercoolers too)

As said above, a Chris Wilson uprated SMIC is about the best you can get for any Supra up to probably 500bhp.

FMICs do look nice though ;)