The mkiv Supra Owners Club

tyre help

devster360

Ok guys,

i started a thread yesterday about me having crappy fullrun tyres...need them changing. I need 265/35/18 y speed rating, on the rears, and 235/40/18 speed rating y on the two fronts.

Anyone know a decent place to buy them and get them fitted, ie get kwik fit to do it, or buy them online and have my local garage fit them? What would be a good tyre to have on, for both dry and wet? Pref better in wet, as in stoke it always rains! kwik fit had Continental Conti-Sport Contact 2 for the fronts and Pirelli P zero Nero for the rears, total about, well a lot, about 711quid plus fitting. This a decent price or rip off?

Ok guys ive decided i want Falken 452's.

235/40/18 for the fronts and 265/35/18 for the rear had a fully fitted quote of 515 squids, anybody know a place that could beat that?...ps dont want toyo proxies seemingly the falkhans are better in the wet. And i wont be doing any track days, i know boring!

I bought my rears today!! For me it was a 2 horse race between the Goodyear Eagle F1 or the Dunlop SP9000's

I have ordered the Dunlops based on getting a good price locally and the reviews on the internet. I have gone for 255/35/18's at £102.00 + VAT.

H.

Ok guys,

i started a thread yesterday about me having crappy fullrun tyres...need them changing. I need 265/35/18 y speed rating, on the rears, and 235/40/18 speed rating y on the two fronts.

Anyone know a decent place to buy them and get them fitted, ie get kwik fit to do it, or buy them online and have my local garage fit them? What would be a good tyre to have on, for both dry and wet? Pref better in wet, as in stoke it always rains! kwik fit had Continental Conti-Sport Contact 2 for the fronts and Pirelli P zero Nero for the rears, total about, well a lot, about 711quid plus fitting. This a decent price or rip off?

Hi,

I use Toyo Proxy T1R's all around, soft compound and great grip in the wet, T1Rs seam to last longer than the T1Ss I used before for about 6 years now. Got them from Bracknell Tyre and Battery

http://www.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&hs=mAq&q=Tyre+%26+Battery&near=Bracknell&radius=0.0&latlng=51417025,-746479,9977178862651893329&sa=X&oi=local&ct=authority&cd=1

Well recommended and the best price I have ever found, defo worth a call.

HTH.