The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie introducing myself!

Guest Creasy

Guest Creasy

:salute: Hello everyone, been a few weeks since i have got round to saying Hi!

I got my Supra 2 weeks ago, and have to say that i absolutely love it. Its a Non-Turbo SZ-R in the fastest colour but worse to keep clean Black!

I used to own RX7's and have had quite a few other JAP cars including Civic VTi with NOS, Prelude 2.2Vtec then some fords like RS turbos, XR2's but this Supra is by far the most all round complete car i have owned.

Its not as fast or agile as the RX7 but i just love the Torque of the 3 litre lump.

Heres a pic for you lot, its got a mkiv Supranet sticker on the back which is nice, and the 2nd last owner used to be on here.

Just one thing, these cars although 1630KGs which is heavy, the back end slides out very easily in the wet!

Bye for now!:wave:

SUPRA.pdf

Guest Creasy

Thanks for the nice welcome!

Here is the spec of the Supra:

1993 SZ-R 3.0 Non Turbo Manual

18" BBS alloys - can anyone tell me what type BBS?

Bilstein shocks and springs

OEM factory kit, skirts and rear spats

HKS induction kit

CAT back exhaust - unknow make so far

Standard Radio Casette player - soon to go!

Next thing is to get a decent car cover - any ideas where from?

Thanks for the nice welcome!

Here is the spec of the Supra:

1993 SZ-R 3.0 Non Turbo Manual

18" BBS alloys - can anyone tell me what type BBS?

Bilstein shocks and springs

OEM factory kit, skirts and rear spats

HKS induction kit

CAT back exhaust - unknow make so far

Standard Radio Casette player - soon to go!

Next thing is to get a decent car cover - any ideas where from?

Welcome to the club mate.:)

Car covers of suitable quality are rare mate. Think there's someone here that makes custom items for us. Have to do a search. Not cheap though looking at 150 - 200 notes.:)

Welcome to the club!

Welcome to the club!!

What rubber have you got on the back?? I have had mine 4 months and it doesn't step out much........:rolleyes: Maybe I am not driving it fast enough.........:D

H.

Same here. The only times I've really noticed it stepping out is in the wet when the second turbo cuts in. I've not really had the back end out in any other situations!

Guest Creasy
Welcome to the club mate.:)

Car covers of suitable quality are rare mate. Think there's someone here that makes custom items for us. Have to do a search. Not cheap though looking at 150 - 200 notes.:)

Hmmm, thats quite a lot of money! Maybe i will look again at the Argos stuff, they had some decent looking ones with elastic waist for £40. In many ways you do pay for what you get!

Guest Creasy
Looks nice mate but i think you will find the SZ-R doesnt weigh that much! you can proberly knock 200kg's off that figure.

Hmmm, my log book states 1630kg! Im off to do some research.:search:

Oh, to answer the question about the rear tyres...i have UK rubber but not a top brand name. Size is 265/35/18, it just seems that these tyres are not good in wet weather. Great in the dry though!

Hmmm, thats quite a lot of money! Maybe i will look again at the Argos stuff, they had some decent looking ones with elastic waist for £40. In many ways you do pay for what you get!

Don't do it mate. Leave it uncovered. Cheap covers can cause "steaming" under your paint / laquer caused by the condensation conditions under the cover.

The steaming cannot be corrected without taking the whole job back and not just T cut. It would maybe mean respray.

Sorry bud. :( I don't have an everyday garage and will not get a cheap cover.

Creasy.... Man On Fire film or not. One of my all time favourite films.