The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Im gutted - had an accident this morning

Vicky

I was pulling away from some lights just going round a slight bend and the back just went, i was probably only doing 10 mph. Wasnt pushing the car or accelarating fiercly, just driving normally, cant believe it!

I ended up facing the wrong way but my car went up an embankment, the rear off side wheel has buckled in, i hate to think what damage has been done underneath :(. The bodywork itself has not been marked which is lucky. Just waiting for the insurance company to ring me back as it needs a recovery truck to take it away. Im gutted, hope it hasnt written it off.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

feel for you vicky was it raining this morning, or wet:(

Yeah it had been raining so the road was a bit slippery, cant understand it though, something made it go, there was some mud on the road when i looked after i eventually got out my car but i think that was from where i went up the embankment :(

That's harsh Vicky. What are your tyres like treadwise.

'course pothole ,rain, diesel or manhole could be to blame.:(

On a lighter note. I can't see your car in your garage...:innocent:

Must be the investigation by the Moderators 'spose..:)

If id been pushing it i could understand it and say to myself its my own fault but i wasnt, i actually feel lucky that i didnt hit anyone else and i didnt hit the post that was on the ambankment!

Really angry that no-one stopped to ask if i was ok though, everyone just drove on :(

If id been pushing it i could understand it and say to myself its my own fault but i wasnt, i actually feel lucky that i didnt hit anyone else and i didnt hit the post that was on the ambankment!

Really angry that no-one stopped to ask if i was ok though, everyone just drove on :(

No way - i would of stopped, made sure you were all right, called the recovery on my breakdown service, made you a cup of tea - and then asked you to marry me ;)

Really hope your ok and car is soon on the road again

No way - i would of stopped, made sure you were all right, called the recovery on my breakdown service, made you a cup of tea - and then asked you to marry me ;)

Really hope your ok and car is soon on the road again

I cant believe nobody stopped, they must of seen it happen, people are just ignorant these days, except peeps on here ;)

im ok, hit my head and neck hurts a bit but im more worried about my car.

I cant believe nobody stopped, they must of seen it happen, people are just ignorant these days, except peeps on here ;)

Yea its pretty sh1t that nobody stops, to make sure someone does next time just open your door and fall into the road making loads of noise, then they have to stop and help....:)

Hope its sorted quickly

My supe did a very similar thing coming off a roundabout when I first had it. I was lucky as I had enough road to catch it. The passenger was utterly stunned and couldn't understand why I was attempting to spin the car at such a slow speed. It was basically the drop down from 2nd into 1st as the ecu decided that I had applied enough gas to warrant dropping the gear down right on the apex. I should imagine the only damage done will be the wheel as the suspension is rather sturdy in that area, you'll maybe need a suspension arm if a ball joints broken. If you have a rare wheel type you may find it difficult to locate a wheel. If you need a full set as you can't get a single wheel there are enough sets of secondhand wheels about that are cheap enough to keep you going so you don't have to rush into buying a set.

Like you say though only good thing is no-one was hurt. Hopefully your neck doesn't hurt too long.

Ah Vicky, rest up and have a relaxing weekend - i do a 1st class massage if needed ;)

Well the cars been taken to the garage now and from what they are saying at first glance it doesnt seem to be too bad, suspension will need doing but they dont think the chassis is twisted, hopefully they can put it on the ramps today and i'll know for sure later.