The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jap Show convoy from South on Saturday.....

Suprash

Is there anyone travelling to Pod on the Saturday, bright and early for a few runs that fancy convoying up together, as me and letmeshowyou are planning on meeting on route.......

Thought I would see if we could grab a few more clingers along the way...... :D:cool:

Also where is best to get some octane booster this late in the day, anyone know any shops you can buy this stuff around Basingstoke....?

And my other queries ???? :D

If Envy are up there on Sat they might have some C16. There is sometimes a smal stall that sells C16 and exotic fuels on site, sure I saw them flogging it last year at the 2nd Jap show event....

Not sure it'd be much use though Ash, unless you're mapped for it.

If Envy are up there on Sat they might have some C16. There is sometimes a smal stall that sells C16 and exotic fuels on site, sure I saw them flogging it last year at the 2nd Jap show event....

Not sure it'd be much use though Ash, unless you're mapped for it.

Probably, I just thought seeing as might be ragging her all day might be good to richen her up a bit with a bottle of octane booster in a tank of fuel........but hey, she dont blow up on any other day about town, so dont see why that would matter.......grabs for some wood.... :D

Probably, I just thought seeing as might be ragging her all day might be good to richen her up a bit with a bottle of octane booster in a tank of fuel........but hey, she dont blow up on any other day about town, so dont see why that would matter.......grabs for some wood.... :D

Well no harm in it I guess :D Might be doing the same myself if air temps and humidity are high.

I might be up for this depending on a friend who is still deciding on whether to stay over on sat. Infact while I'm here, homer, was it you at the lights on tuesday in Reading during the meet... Pulled up at the lights while in an R34 and you gave the sign for a blast. Then strangely enough I think it must have been you Ash who we saw later on the way back?

I might be up for this depending on a friend who is still deciding on whether to stay over on sat. Infact while I'm here, homer, was it you at the lights on tuesday in Reading during the meet... Pulled up at the lights while in an R34 and you gave the sign for a blast. Then strangely enough I think it must have been you Ash who we saw later on the way back?

I was up against an R34, it was going great until I changed into 6th instead or 4th (2wd kept up with 4wd in the wet until then.. OMG!!!) :D

Belly was in the bassenger seat. Ash was in the seat when the MR2 lost it.

Edit - actually, I was signaling for the R34 to go 1st, I didn't want him to be alongside when the back end came out (as it did). Got it on video too ;)

Oops, sorry! I told him you wanted to go for it and he reluctantly did. His turbos dont kick in until around 4,700rpm at the moment which was around the time you must have changed to 6th from what I remember. Boost controller was off due to running in until after JapShow so only around 1 bar. Going up to 1.6/1.8 next week I think.

I saw the MR2 loose it. Lucky boy indeed!

Is the video online by any chance?

Oops, sorry! I told him you wanted to go for it and he reluctantly did. His turbos dont kick in until around 4,700rpm at the moment which was around the time you must have changed to 6th from what I remember. Boost controller was off due to running in until after JapShow so only around 1 bar. Going up to 1.6/1.8 next week I think.

I saw the MR2 loose it. Lucky boy indeed!

Is the video online by any chance?

Must admit I was bit surprised how slow he was off the line and through the gears, an R34 should kill my Supra, especially in that sort of weather. It makes more sense now :D I was spinning through the first three and gave up at 4.5krpm in 3rd (when I went for 6th.. oops!)

The vid is in this link, you can see the moment clearly :) http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=115122 If you look carefully you can see the back end come out in 2nd, then me kill it by going to the wrong gear :D

The MR2 was a bit scary, thats when I called it a night :innocent:

Nice one! Yeah agreed, very slow off the mark compared to what it used to be like. Used to throw you back very early on through the rev range but when it comes on song, even now before its mapped, its pretty quick.

So, back to the subject of thread, if weather is bad will you still go up on Sat?

Yeah fuck it, Im still going, its been too long since I last done anything like this, so come rain, hail or shine, I'll be there.....

And yes it was me you came charging back to Basingstoke with, I did wonder where the hell you was going, as I kept saying to the misses, he's still with me and Im going home, was half expecting you to be pulling up along side me on my drive lol.......

It did seem slow though, now I know why........ ;)

When your turned around on that last roundabout you should have followed me for a little longer as I pulled into the Retail park opposite the football grounds for a little bit of drifiting in the wet..........:D

Haha... would have been fun! Originally he was actually turning the boost controller on and playing around with settings when you came up behind and once again I tried to egg him on so to speak. Screen and guages were flashing red so he was a little more concerned about having knackered a turbo than you going past :D

After that he just wanted to see if he could keep up ;)

What time you thinking of going to Santa Pod Ash?

Keep up, I wasnt pushing stupidly hard........:D Of course Im gonna say that but it was true, after seeing that MR2 with Darryl, I too kept saying to myself dont go home a casualty ;)

Erm, leaving time, well Im planning on meeting up with letmeshowyou aorund 06:30 at the top of the M25, so will prob leave B/Stoke an hour before......roads will be nice and clear.....

Be good if you can make it, would love to be convoying up with a Linear.......