The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How much would a Veilside Titanium be worth?

Guest VVTi

Just wondering how much the general public would think that a very good condition Veilside Ti would be worth these days? Only minor setback is a VERY slight dent on the tip (which can only be seen if looking directly at the tip head on. Its VERY slight)

I'm thinking of selling and I put it up for offers around the $1400AU mark (not expecting to get that - but also not willing to let it go lightly)...

So, what sorta price would you put on one of these?

I was thinking of letting it go for $1300AU which equates to roughly 520 pounds.

I just don't know if it's worth more than that to me!!! Stupid cops in Victoria!

On the contrary, if I were to keep this, how much of a reduction in noise level (db) would a hot dog resonator achieve?

get yourself an electronic exhaust valve fitted , then you can adjust the noise in town and on WOT. I have a 4 inch full BL system , so bloddy noisy , i put a resonantor on it , dropped it down a little , so i adapted a manual control valve , it worked a treat until the cable cought something on the road and nearly took my hand off. So iam replacing it with an electronic version , same concept but only a wire rather then a cable . You will have a dial on the dash , you can turn it to open at any position, great on motorways and starting the car up in the morning .

I've got no idea what a hotdog resonator is :D, but if you mean the bung that comes with most of these exhausts then the reduction in noise is pretty impressive, don't know in DB but I doubt it'd give anyone chance to complain about the noise

A resonator...basically a muffler or 'box' but it's in the shape of a hot dog...

Don't those butterfly valves usually increase the EGT's though?

I've decided I'm going to have to let go this beautiful piece of work for $1250AU which is equivalent to about 500 quid in your terms! :twak:

not worth it I guess. I'll just have to stick with my Fujitsubo Legalis but that does create an annoyance due to ground clearance issues I have...

If anyone's interested in an Exhaust Control Valve similar to the apexi one (but better as it controls the butterfly according to rpm AND throttle) let me know and I can hook you up...