The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Vinyls...

JustGav

Okay, now this is a bit of an odd one....

The NA has got some really bad paint damage to the driver and passenger doors... the paint has cracked and sunk down. I will be respraying it in the near future, however in the meantime I was thinking of putting some vinyl stickers on it just to cover them up.

The car is not a 3L2 red, but a little bit brighter (Not dynorod bright tho).

Anybody have any idea for vinyls? bear in mind needs to cover pretty much the entire door... Had though of something like a TRD logo (aka Jezzy style)..

Any comments or photoshops welcome.

Thanks

Gav

If the paint has cracked and sunk that would normally indicate there is filler under the paint.

Mine has got this on the o/s/r arch as when I took it to the bodyshop he said the paint hasn't cracked but filler underneath...

Just something to think about when you take it for its spray mate. :)

If the paint has cracked and sunk that would normally indicate there is filler under the paint.

Mine has got this on the o/s/r arch as when I took it to the bodyshop he said the paint hasn't cracked but filler underneath...

Just something to think about when you take it for its spray mate. :)

I had one of the doors redone.. It was a GT-cars car (Need I say more)... and Nick had the car resprayed. The primer/basecoat hadn't been allowed to dry properly before the lacquer had been put on. Pretty much screwed up the paint, eventually I will sand it back down and do it right. Thank fully done a check with a depth gauge and there isn't any filler (which was a pleasant suprise)... However the car is soon to be my daily driver so I don't want to have to spend a lot of money on it yet. (Not till my aerotop is finished anyway)...

Ah man, I feel your pain. Had some bad graphics put on my car and took paint off doors when I very carefully took them off. Same boat as you - needs a respray but finances not upto it at the moment but not sure I want to put more graphics on. If you do a google search for Imageworx - they do loads of vinyl and has a program with the outlines of all cars. He had perfect scale line drawings of front, side, rear and birds eye view of Supra. Sticky Matt's the guy that runs it and he may be able to send you them over.

Ah man, I feel your pain. Had some bad graphics put on my car and took paint off doors when I very carefully took them off. Same boat as you - needs a respray but finances not upto it at the moment but not sure I want to put more graphics on. If you do a google search for Imageworx - they do loads of vinyl and has a program with the outlines of all cars. He had perfect scale line drawings of front, side, rear and birds eye view of Supra. Sticky Matt's the guy that runs it and he may be able to send you them over.

Mate of mine used to work for a signage company and he is happy to do the application (in exchange for him taking the car out for a drive on the odd occasion *grin*), it is just the design that I'm struggling with, don't want something OTT but want something to cover up the SHITE paint.... Would be so tempted by the trial look but that it is just blatant copying and not really original...

PS : I can't draw for toffee (even my stickmen sue me for mis-representation)

I had one of the doors redone.. It was a GT-cars car (Need I say more)... and Nick had the car resprayed. The primer/basecoat hadn't been allowed to dry properly before the lacquer had been put on. Pretty much screwed up the paint, eventually I will sand it back down and do it right. Thank fully done a check with a depth gauge and there isn't any filler (which was a pleasant suprise)... However the car is soon to be my daily driver so I don't want to have to spend a lot of money on it yet. (Not till my aerotop is finished anyway)...

Hopefully that the same case with mine.......and the bodyshop guy was wrong.

like this: - but if you have a red car a TRD one aint really going to work....

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r62/fishman_photos/toyosupraL.jpg

That is the one I think I may go for, but white on a red car instead..

I know the vinyls might be a bit cheesy, but it is a lot quicker and cheaper than a spray job in the mean time for me...

What skirts and spats are they on the White TRD Supra?

They are part of the TRD Wide Arch kit, which costs an absolute bomb......

Found one...

Anybody fancy doing a white square with red trd logo on a red car in photoshop for me.

here we go....! -

Hmmm, I'm liking that.... I'll be off down to the trade sign place to get a mock up done...

i think it looks pretty :cool:, just put somemore on the front or bonnet so it dont look out of place.......

Get some proper pics up if you get it done!

i think it looks pretty :cool:, just put somemore on the front or bonnet so it dont look out of place.......

Get some proper pics up if you get it done!

As I said, I can't draw stickmen, so I'm going to get a mate to mock it up and I'll see how it looks and post up pics before I get the vinyls cut..