The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello from France!

florian

Hi, sorry for my bad english, i hope you will understand these words :D

I'm Florian, i live in France, near Tours (300 kms south of Paris), and i see you've got a big Supra owner club!!!! That's great!

Now i drive a Nissan S14A, i bought it in Wales last year!

It's a very cool car, but i need a Supra now! :)

I think some of you came in "le Touquet" and they met some friends from the french supra owner club!

So, in France JDM are not legal, so i'm seeing about a UK Supra!

It's hard for us to buy a car in the UK, because of the money! For my Nissan, i had to do the travel with 4000£ on my pocket!!! :blink:

I really loved my travel in the UK, people are cool, cars are cool too :D That's other things than Peugeot and ugly Renault!!!

So, i hope to go soon in London to buy my Supra!

Have fun with your great cars!!

You're welcome in france!! A big Supra meet on a old french castle could be very nice for great pics!!!

Regards,

Florian

A pic of my little silvia :

http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/7281/imgp1492largewf8.jpg

Guest Aksal

Hey florian!

welcome from a newbie... :p

I've seen you imported a car from uk last year.

Since I have almost reached an agreement to import a supra, I would like you to help me on a couple of issues, please..

Which are the necessary documentation to import a car from uk, in particular with respect to insurance...?

another thing...are there any problems with custom?

any suggestion or advice?

i'd really appreciate... thanks :)

good luck with finding a cheap UK-spec! ;)

I know it will be hard to find. The problem in France is for registration. You can register and inssure a UK car, but not a JDM. To register it, you need every part the the "CE" stamps.

So i have to buy a UK near death, take every part from it (security parts : bumper, lights, seats ect...) and put it on a JDM.

I want a JDM, because i want the aerotop. In Europe it's very hard to find it, or for 20 000£....

I hope my silvia is going to be sold soon!

I love the Supra, but the silvia is a really good car. I've got a GT2871R on it, with a stage3a Horsham development ECU, and some 300ZX and Skyline bits, it produce near 360 hp, for 1260 kg :) I know it's far from a Supra BPU, but it's really fun to drive! ;)

I look for a UK Supra around 5000£