The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fitting Electronic TTC - South East?

madmunky

TTC is bad idea generally... why would you want to use TTC over the stock seq system? But that said, there are a few guides. You will need a dual pole switch, effectively it grounds the VSV's so they don't open.

So why is it a bad idea?

if thats the case why would anyone want to go single and have later spool up and have all the power in one hit, i like it because far more predictable and controllable power wise, no unannounced sideways out of wet bends, and better fuel consumption until you choose to put the boot in;)

So why is it a bad idea?

if thats the case why would anyone want to go single and have later spool up and have all the power in one hit, i like it because far more predictable and controllable power wise, no unannounced sideways out of wet bends, and better fuel consumption until you choose to put the boot in;)

I perhaps should rephrase it, it is a bad idea to do TTC without any supporting modifications, ie ECU and the like. By just doing the ETTC mod you will confusing the hell out of the stock ECU which was designed to expect the twins to operate in a sequential mode.

I perhaps should rephrase it, it is a bad idea to do TTC without any supporting modifications, ie ECU and the like. By just doing the ETTC mod you will confusing the hell out of the stock ECU which was designed to expect the twins to operate in a sequential mode.

:yeahthat:

We've been over this a few times :) If you haven't got a boost controller plumbed in right and set up right you'll get boost spikes north of 1.5bar. You'll lose a lot of low down power. You can experience detonation at points where you get more dense air than the stock ECU is expecting and therefore isn't fuelling enough for. etc.

-Ian

You may even overfuel, and I suspect THAT'S one of the reason front crank seals go, and oil pumps wear out.

Thats a touch on the scaremongering's side Chris, i agree that one of the possible causes of oil pump failure could be down to heavy over fuelling, but even in TTC mode the std ECU will not over fuel any more that it will in normal sequential mode as it doesn't kick out of closed loop until after 4,000 RPM and providing both turbos are OK and boosting all should be well and as Ian says you can end up with a lean spot around there due to this.

I would be inclined to also state, as you have previously said, a far more credible cause would be problems with the second turbo not working so causing to much fuel for the diminished air flow.

I am 90% sure that my car had never been run in TTC mode until i got it, and that blew the front seal due to oil pump wear before i converted it, but i do suspect that it had second turbo problems before then;)