The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single install is finnished

johnd-mkiv

Seems like its taken years but after all the ball ache I have her back :cool: the car has had some changes to the origional spec list due to bob at GBH not being happy, so I have a fair few bits forsale in the next few days.

The spec

BL T67 single turbo

XS power 50mm wastegate

XS power manifold

XS power, down pipe, induction pipe, screamer pipe

XS power, front mount intercooler

GBH Motorsport oil feed and return lines

AEM air filter

Turbo blanket (still waiting from andy)

My own 1 off custom 3" custom stainless exhaust system, from the turbo back

JE 86.50mm pistons

Eagle 4340 Steel H Beam rods with ARP bolts

ARP head bolts and mains

New Oem, oil pump and water pump

Greedy timing belt

Crower Ti springs and retainers

HKS 2mm head gasket

HKS 264" EX & IN cams

HKS cam wheels

Koyo rad

Excedy twin plate clutch

Mocal oil cooler and oil filter relocation kit

HKS fuel rail with HKS injectors

Aeromotive fpr

Walbro fuel pump

HKS Fcon

Apexi el series 2 60mm gauges - Boost, EGT, Water temp, Oil temp, Oil pressure.

twin 60mm a pilar gauge holder

Greddy turbo timer

Greddy Profec b spec 2 boost controller

Polished cambox, throttle body, intake manifold, water pipes.

Block has been bored

crank, rods and pistons have been ballenced

The car has made 590bhp at abby motor sports think ill be needing a bigger turbo soon as thats about its limmits and I want more power, really happy with it though especially the noise :cool:

going to enjoy the car before i do any more to it but theres a few bits of bling ill be adding under the bonnet

Wait, whats happened to the throttle body?!

I had a polished one to go on that I had spare but bob said it does not fit which seem strange unless there is differences between an auto throttle body and a manual one??

Videos will be soon just getting the hang of her first then when ive mastered it ill post some up :eyebrows:

I may go to the jap show all depends what im doing sat night

Looks good :)

2 comments if I may.

1. Your oil feed line seems to be coming from near the intake, is that correct? where does it actually go fully? Only ask as all the ones I have been involved in have routed it straight into the block's feed point, via a shortish run. Yours seems to be very long. Was there a reason why you chose this?

2. What boost were you running? Instead of using a bigger turbo have you considered using a larger A/R on the turbine side? 590 isn't pushing a T67...though it may be pushing pump fuel (depending on your boost pressure). How much more power do you need!! :D

Looks good like I say, glad it's working out for you.

EDIT - Christ I started writing this before anyone had mentioned the oil feed!!! :p

EDIT 2 - Get a heat blanket man!!

Looks good :)

2 comments if I may.

1. Your oil feed line seems to be coming from near the intake, is that correct? where does it actually go fully? Only ask as all the ones I have been involved in have routed it straight into the block's feed point, via a shortish run. Yours seems to be very long. Was there a reason why you chose this?

2. What boost were you running? Instead of using a bigger turbo have you considered using a larger A/R on the turbine side? 590 isn't pushing a T67...though it may be pushing pump fuel (depending on your boost pressure). How much more power do you need!! :D

Looks good like I say, glad it's working out for you.

EDIT - Christ I started writing this before anyone had mentioned the oil feed!!! :p

EDIT 2 - Get a heat blanket man!!

Ill have a look tomorrow where its been taken from to be honest I did think the same but went with there experience.

I think its running 1.4 but bob has said that the xs wastegate is not up to scratch and needs to be changed, im not to worried about power at the mo as im happy with it but I can see myself wanting more in the near future, so I guess there is a few options I can go for.

Bought a turbo blanket from the start, still waiting for it to arrive :rolleyes:

Does going big single have a large impact on fuel consumption?

Yes....

At full chat it uses 580BHP's worth of fuel and air.

But at cruise singles which are mapped properly use less fuel than stock based turbo supra's.

1.4bar is I think what Ian C ran to get 580RWHP...is yours a hub or extrapolated FlyWHP figure?

I think with decent wastegate and another attempt you'll be very happy :)

I was told 590 flywheel and 520 at the wheels seems a big loss though??

Ill have a look out for a good decent hks wastegate then and try get some power graphs up