The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MOT rules?

silvershark44

Erm........ just realised that my MOT expired on the 6th of june. Ooops. Been really busy with final exams at university etc that I totally forgot. The car is currently at Chris Wilsons, having some work done and appart from getting to his, hasnt been driven at all.

I believe that if im driving it to a test centre ill be ok? So im thinking that when I pick it up, ill have it booked into a test centre the same day, and drive straight there.

But, is there any penalty for my absent mindednes? Ie will i get fined for not having it done till now?

:innocent:

But, is there any penalty for my absent mindednes? Ie will i get fined for not having it done till now?

But you drove it to CW's it checked/work done for the MOT :)

However, you never got pulled, so no worries whatsoeveratallinthewholewideworldever :)

• 1 year later...
it can only be driven to/from the mot center if it is prebooked

it also cant be driven to the mot center if it has illegal tyres even if its booked or not

Thread resurrection,

What if your MOT has expired, and you know that the car will fail on tyres, so need to buy some new ones, how do you get new tyres without driving the car - are you expected to remove all four wheels and carry them?

Genuine question as my MOT place won't change my tyres, and most other Test centres local happen to be attached to tyre centres (Kwikfit, National etc.) who will not furnish me with cheap good value tyres :(

Mike