The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How pants is this.

Missile

Just took my car into get the cam belt changed.

Already cost a bit to get through MOT Needed a new set of front brake hoses and two front tyres. Decided to do the cam belt whilst it was in for the hoses.

Half way through the job they found out the crank shaft pully was broken.

£200 on top of the rest puts it to near on £700 to get through an MOT. That could have gone onto Exausts bodykits etc etc etc.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :angrymod: :angrymod: :diablo: :rtfm: :bang:

bummer :( but then brakes are slightly more important than nice looking skirts ;) :D lolx

Feel for you though hun. I'm starting to save for my supra's service/MOT in August just in case. i think it helps to have some wads stashed away for these unexpected and nasty surprises so I'd keep a bit of money on one side after its all done if I were you :blink:

Lx

Dont worry mate im having the same problem lol

Cam belt and reat upper wishbone - just sorted yesteday

Today there is a problem somewhere on the diff / outward to wheels. Top man on Job tho so ill know more tomorrow :) Will be sorted for the pod next weekend .

Sounds like this

Creek - clunk - creek clunk - creek ...... creek ........ clunk

and all the bushes are spot on

mine has had new rad, top rad hose, bat, fan belt, aircon pump, re gassed,water pump, cam belt change, crank shaft seals, wiper blades and today i took it to get an m.o.t and both front calipers are cracked and are leaking brake fluid, i ve already spent over a 1000 quid and now got to pay out on calipers that is just this month, bloody supe pain in the arse

Sorry to hear the pain that the Supra brings you once again. :)

Glad to hear that they caught it before something more significant happened to your car, motor etc.

Hope everything works out and that it doesnt cost your any more money for a bit. ;)

Cheers,

Joe

bummer :( but then brakes are slightly more important than nice looking skirts ;) :D lolx

Feel for you though hun. I'm starting to save for my supra's service/MOT in August just in case. i think it helps to have some wads stashed away for these unexpected and nasty surprises so I'd keep a bit of money on one side after its all done if I were you :blink:

Lx

Love your new sig Linda!!:D

Just took my car into get the cam belt changed.

Already cost a bit to get through MOT Needed a new set of front brake hoses and two front tyres. Decided to do the cam belt whilst it was in for the hoses.

Half way through the job they found out the crank shaft pully was broken.

£200 on top of the rest puts it to near on £700 to get through an MOT. That could have gone onto Exausts bodykits etc etc etc.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :angrymod: :angrymod: :diablo: :rtfm: :bang:

Ouch!! Better to be safe than sorry mate!

H.

Thanks everyone.

It actually feels better to know im not the only one with probs.

Only bought the supe for its reliability, and to be honest its only wear and tear parts. Apparently the cam belt was near on ready to go, Plus the pully had about 50 - 100 miles left on it due to being so badly cracked. So i guess its another £200 and not an engine re-build.

Thank :cool: :senile: :senile: :senile: :senile: