The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Boost Controllers

Daston

that is true how much would one cost? And what benefits would a BPU car get over a boost controler (I supose it will help if I go single)

I have used F Con V Pro in my Skyline and AEM in my Supra, the F Con is very difficult to find supporting tuners but is a great ECU, the AEM is plug and play and gives you countless features including boost control, electric fan control, anti lag, over run, NOS control, full fuel mapping including race fuel, in fact it can control anything electronic etc etc, I have heard good stuff about Link and Motec also but have no experience

Cost, you should factor in £1300 for AEM with map sensor, DLI and mapping

I have used F Con V Pro in my Skyline and AEM in my Supra, the F Con is very difficult to find supporting tuners but is a great ECU, the AEM is plug and play and gives you countless features including boost control, electric fan control, anti lag, over run, NOS control, full fuel mapping including race fuel, in fact it can control anything electronic etc etc, I have heard good stuff about Link and Motec also but have no experience

Cost, you should factor in £1300 for AEM with map sensor, DLI and mapping

with mapping? bugger me you must have had a good deal there mate:D

Way OTT.

Gated BC's are what you want. Turbosmart's e-Boost2 is a gated EBC.

For standard out the box unit's I'd speak to Nic about Blitz SBC-ID's as these have far better boost holding abilities than other Jap made EBC's.

Way OTT.

Gated BC's are what you want. Turbosmart's e-Boost2 is a gated EBC.

For standard out the box unit's I'd speak to Nic about Blitz SBC-ID's as these have far better boost holding abilities than other Jap made EBC's.

Agreed but he was looking for the ultimate and had mentioned going single at a later date, this may save if he goes down that route ??

AEM tru-boost is the best IMO.

I've had a few EBCs now and the AEM has more than enough features. It's also the only unit using a specifially designed solenoid for use in a car.

I got mine from Envy and paid significatly less than the blitz, Greddy or HKS equivilent.

It also fits nicely in the hole currently taken up by your boost gauge. It has a digital screen displaying boost pressure so no need for a gauge at all .

Daston, if you've got yourself a JDM RZ and are only going for BPU level you may not need a boost controller to see 1.2bar (just double de-cat with RR).

If thats the case, you have just saved yourself some money that can be put to other supra-related items :)

It probably isnt gauranteed, however I see 1.2 bar from 2nd through to 4th consistently (I never plant it in 1st, and Im too scared to be planting it in 5th/6th to see what boost I see).

I think certain boost controllers can help to maintain a set boost level on WOT, as well as increasing spool time by keeping the wastegate closed for longer.