The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What are these things in the boot?

TonyP

Sorry if this has been asked before. I did a search but couldn't find any mention of it.

I've had my Supra for five months and I've only just noticed these on the inside of the boot lid.

On the inside of the boot underneath the window there are two small square plastic rings, one on each side, attached to a piece of tape which pull out about 12" and then spring back in.

They don't appear to do anything. What are they?

Thanks. Tony.

18-06-07_1713.jpg

18-06-07_1712.jpg

Thanks guys.

So is that like a window blind or a parcel shelf? And how the hell does it work?

One end has a plastic bar which clips on just behind the rear of the seat, the other end clips onto the bits in your pics.

Its made of vinyl and is not a rigid shelf, just hides whats in your boot

boot.jpg

Guest Geneb
Sorry if this has been asked before. I did a search but couldn't find any mention of it.

I've had my Supra for five months and I've only just noticed these on the inside of the boot lid.

On the inside of the boot underneath the window there are two small square plastic rings, one on each side, attached to a piece of tape which pull out about 12" and then spring back in.

They don't appear to do anything. What are they?

Thanks. Tony.

CAR SUSPENDERS !!!!

Thanks. Doesn't really matter 'cos I don't have the vinyl sheet but at least I know now.

I love this place you guys know everything!

Well, you don't all know everything, obviously, but most of you know something useful.:)

I've got a lot to learn. Innit.:D

Thanks. Doesn't really matter 'cos I don't have the vinyl sheet but at least I know now.

I love this place you guys know everything!

Well, you don't all know everything, obviously, but most of you know something useful.:)

I've got a lot to learn. Innit.:D

I think Nic the import pimp (authorised trader section) can get these new. If not try Jezzybabes for a second hand jobber.

Guest Geneb
I think Nic the import pimp (authorised trader section) can get these new. If not try Jezzybabes for a second hand jobber.

or you could get mr.lovers lad to steal one from another supra for a quid:p