The mkiv Supra Owners Club

from T04r to T51R Kai - A big thank you!

Guest Nicholas

Guest Nicholas

Right as some of you know I recently bought a HKS T51r Kai Turbo kit for my car, this weekend Ashbhp, babybhp and I set to work removing the old kit and fitting the new one...

I arrived at Ash's mansion ;) at 2:00PM slightly later than planned but that was due to my girlfriend having to work! We set to work removing the turbo, downpipe, screamer pip, wastegate and manifold everything was going great until we had a problem with one of the manifold bolts, it just would not budge.

After two hours, we decided to cut the bolt off so off we head to B&Q to get a decent dremmel, half an hour later the bolt was off and hey presto the manifold came away.

We set to work fitting the new manifold, downpipe, waste gate screamer pipe and turbo. We had to modify the intercooler pipe work to fit perfectly, which I am sure Ash will tell you he's very proud of even if we did wake a few neighbours! :p

At this point, it was 1:00am so we decided to down tools until the morning, Sunday morning came and we set to work checking, rechecking and checking again all of the V band clamps.

We fired her up let her run for a while and went out to check the map and alter where necessary!

All I can say is where my old t04r turbo ran out of puff this thing just keeps on going it's nothing shot of phenomenal, I'm so glad I choose the T51 over anything else it gives such a kick, I can't stop grinning :D :d :D :d :D :d :D :cool:

A BIG thank you goes to Ash and his lad!, without their knowledge and collection of the very best tools this would have been a nightmare! I owe you one buddy :)

I will be at Jap Show so if you see my car feel free to come say hey!

Nick.

oh and I'll upload some pics tonight :)

Guest Nicholas
Cool, sounds good mate. I will hopefully get a chance to pop down to Pod but im not definate as I need to rip down our old kitchen :(

Make sure you do come mate I think we're organising a convoy :)

Guest Nicholas
well done nick, i trust you made ash do all the dirty finger nail work !

what boost are you running matey

yeah I didn't want to get my piano hands dirty ;)

1.1 wastegate spring, then 1.3 on my boost controller! I need it mapping up to 1.5 by dan but boy did it fly at 1.3 :cool: :D

Guest Nicholas
Thanks for the Mc D's :D

40 nuggets, 2 Fillet of fish, 1 quater pounder meal and 1 big mac meal that was Ash's order alone ;) :D