The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Affordable complete fuel system group buy

cowboy bebop

MVP and PHR have teamed up to organizeda group buy for an affordable complete fuel system. I'm not sure that many have seen it since amazingly enough after a week no one has signed up. The group buy is UK and AU exclusive, it's not being held in the USA.

Here are the links:

https://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=113648

https://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=114344

Here is a little information on why this opportunity is so important"

Just to weigh in my experience...and I am speaking specifically about the U.K. Supra owners. This is just my experience and is not meant in any offensive or condescending way. This is also a GENERAL remark and certainly does not apply to everyone here. Anyhow...

Most U.K. Supra TT owners seem to feel that upgrading their injectors, and MAYBE adding/changing a fuel pump and a rail, is enough. They seem to neglect the true need for a complete fuel system using dual feel lines and dual pumps. 90% plus just want drop-in injectors, which is often a mistake and leads to engine issues (which I read about on here way more than I do the USA Forums).

You guys seem to want to upgrade your pistons and rods to make 600hp, but not your fuel system. That is really backwards...a stock Supra TT motor will handle 600 and even 700hp with ease for a long time, when properly fueled. No Supra motor, fully built or stock or stroker, should be pushed over 500 at the wheels without proper fueling upgrades.

I do understand how different your roads are in the U.K. than the USA, and I grasp fully why most do not want large turbo systems, etc. But I can not understand why so many overlook proper fueling. Engine Class 101: Air + fuel with spark = power.

Cheers guys,

Dusty

Thanks guys, let's see some participation :)

Eric

So $1580 for all the options plus pumps?

$120 per pump on the PHR site so $1820 complete?

PHR Stage 1 is $2195

What would be the difference between this group buy plus pumps and the PHR Stage 1?

Would anything be missing from the cheaper option?

Obviously we'd have the hefty paypal fees and lack of credit card support to overcome too I guess?

PHR Stage 1 is $2195

What would be the difference between this group buy plus pumps and the PHR Stage 1?

Obviously we'd have the hefty paypal fees and lack of credit card support to overcome too I guess?

The base kit does not include a lot of things that the PHR Stage 1 Fuel System does, as of the $400 difference in the kit! Pumps, Install kits, more hosing, clamps, etc. I would advise going with the Stage 1 Fuel when doing the PHR Stage 1 Turbo Kit, it is a VERY crucial step when doing the upgrade. If you email me I can work out a package deal to save you some money!! Let me know what plans you have with the car and we can go from there and what would best be for your application.

Cheers,

Joe

PHR Stage 1 is $2195

No sir, the payments for the full will be made directly to PHR, with the payment for rail only being made to me here. Both of us take credit cards, and speaking for myself I don't mind taking Paypal +3%.

Eric

The base kit does not include a lot of things that the PHR Stage 1 Fuel System does, as of the $400 difference in the kit!

So it's not a kit as such and it's so much of a bargain really, it's 3/4 of a stage 1 at 3/4 of the price ;)

Let me know what plans you have with the car and we can go from there and what would best be for your application.

I think I'm pretty much settled on the kit I'm going for now but just thought this might be a bargain alternative, it seems it isn't once you add the little things that make the kits so nice on. Handy assortment of bits for someone who wants to patch together an upgrade though.

So it's not a kit as such and it's so much of a bargain really, it's 3/4 of a stage 1 at 3/4 of the price ;)

I think I'm pretty much settled on the kit I'm going for now but just thought this might be a bargain alternative, it seems it isn't once you add the little things that make the kits so nice on. Handy assortment of bits for someone who wants to patch together an upgrade though.

Well, yeah it is a kit. Hopefully the average owner can source a couple of hose clamps and such. If not it's time to sell the car :) or, pay for a more expensive fuel kit.

We're trying to give you guys a good deal, at the request of fellow UK members I might add. Let's not piss on it.

Thanks man,

Eric

Guys

Need some advice.

I am putting together a list for a single conversion (PHR stage 1 or T61).

Do I need?

the Fuel rail & the base fuel kit

+ the injectors.

I went with a HKS Fuel System, fuel rail, injectors FPR, etc... For Nic (very good price) plus a walbro fuel pump. Which should be good for running a GT35 single, which is what I am looking at.

Should be good enough for T61 style turbo, wouldnt go much bigger (turbo) with my fuel system though.

We're trying to give you guys a good deal, at the request of fellow UK members I might add. Let's not piss on it.

1. I'm in the market for a fuel kit

2. I'm asking questions

3. I don't have a bladder issue.

I just don't see the fantastic bargain here, yes it's cheaper than a stage 1 kit but it doesn't contain as much stuff, it's basically a cut price, cut content offering rather than the deal of the year.

You asked why people aren't begging to join the list, I'm trying to understand too by filling in the gaps.

1. I'm in the market for a fuel kit

2. I'm asking questions

3. I don't have a bladder issue.

I just don't see the fantastic bargain here, yes it's cheaper than a stage 1 kit but it doesn't contain as much stuff, it's basically a cut price, cut content offering rather than the deal of the year.

You asked why people aren't begging to join the list, I'm trying to understand too by filling in the gaps.

There are some fancy options not included, mostly unneded fluf. That's how the price gets to be so low. What's missing that you absolutely have to have? We can work with you on it.

We firmly believe that this is a very good deal, especially when compared to what other UK shops are charging for a comparable fuel kit. We did our homework on these. Where else in the UK will you find a complete -10AN fuel rail kit for $250USD? Where in the USA for that matter :)

Thanks again,

Eric

guy? I am pretty sure you can see my username, use it.

I am trying to find out why you are pimping a groupbuy? Who are you? why are you pimping this? I see it in MVPs section....

I manufacture billet aluminum parts for Dusty@MVP. In fact the fuel rail kits in the group buy are sitting here on our shelf polished and ready to go. I also work with MVP Motorsports to get the word out about items like this throughout the different forums that MVP sponsors.

I'm not sure what you'd like me to use your user name for, PM if there is an issue.

Thanks again,

Eric