The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just Installed New HIDs

Supra ST Myster

I thought HID's were about £250 or more?? W.T.F???:rolleyes:

H.

Exactly my thoughts... I thought with HID's you saw the effect by looking at the headlight (And the 'glow'),but they seem the normal yellowish to me (Apart from the blue on the wall (But it is better than standard))...

OK - I'll open myself up to ridicule, for £35, are they not just Xenon bulbs??...

EDIT : Although he's said he went for 6000k and so on, and I trust this chap knows his stuff, I'm just really stumped...

Picked them up brand new for £35, went for the 6000k and 9006 to fit my UK Glass Headlamps.. Looking good from first impressions although not used them yet at night time.. The light on the drivers hand side is the new HID and the left is the standard one. (obvious really :D )

Nice. :)

Where did you mount the ballasts?

Exactly my thoughts... I thought with HID's you saw the effect by looking at the headlight (And the 'glow'),but they seem the normal yellowish to me (Apart from the blue on the wall (But it is better than standard))...

OK - I'll open myself up to ridicule, for £35, are they not just Xenon bulbs??...

EDIT : Although he's said he went for 6000k and so on, and I trust this chap knows his stuff, I'm just really stumped...

No they are definatly very white, its quite hard to take a decent pic of bright lights, you need to see them in the flesh really, they are also HIDs as have ballasts which are made by BOSH, as i have a single the drivers side one is mounted below the filter and the passenger side on is mounted to the right of the battery, Bought the from Japan and recieved them in 4days via DHL Express.. No tax either!

No they are definatly very white, its quite hard to take a decent pic of bright lights, you need to see them in the flesh really, they are also HIDs as have ballasts which are made by BOSH, as i have a single the drivers side one is mounted below the filter and the passenger side on is mounted to the right of the battery, Bought the from Japan and recieved them in 4days via DHL Express.. No tax either!

where from?

As has been said before, £35 is just a crazy price for those.

Cheapest i'd found up until now was a guy on the DC2 forum who was selling them for £85.

(not that I need them as I discharge high intensity light as standard :cool:)