The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supragold's supra - seriously considering to sell

supragold

I really don't know what to do !

I've been offered a company car and can choose between a van (cheaper tax) or a car (stupid tax)

The van would be this Astravan 1.9 cdti sportive which actually is really nice and more like a car.

http://www.whatvan.co.uk/Slideshows/CV-Show-2007/mediafiles/l33.jpg

or an Audi A4 / A3 s-line

The problem being I would have to sell the supra really to pay the tax for the A4.

I still have a huge loan for all the work i've done to the supra and selling it would sort me right out financially. It would break my heart to sell it but I'm seriously concidering it. If the right sort of offer came along I think I will have to let it go. :cry: TBH I'm fed up of being in dept and would love to be in the black for a change. Brand new motor, fuel and everything paid for and dept free. Soooo tempting. Boring mind but tempting :D

Be careful with the van. IIRC the tax on vans will be the same as company cars soon if not already??

The A4 although a lovely car isn't exactly a head turner is it. I must admit with those options, neither seem terribly appealing tbh!!:rolleyes:

Would be a shame for you to sell the Supe mate!!

H.

Well I would hope you'd get more money for the Supe than that.

That would clear the dept. The money I'd save from not having to run it would cover the tax

this is true if you use the van for personal / weekend use as well

If a van is used only for business then tax is zero but you have to keep a log of where you go and how many miles you do to prove it. If you use the van for personal use then the tax is £700 - £750 per year including fuel privalages