The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Decisions decisions....

garetheves

Keep or swap  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Keep or swap

• Recaros
    • Leathers

Cant make my mind up on this so looking for your help.

Im putting my supra up for sale shortly, it has currently got factory fitted recaros in it in pretty good/very good condition. Somone on here has offered me cash + a set of very good condition leathers as a swap for my recaros.

I know the recaros dont exactly add value to the car but would they be a good selling tool and attract more people than the leathers?? Would recaros make you buy a car over leathers?? Is it worth swapping them or keeping them??

EDIT: Matt you are not allowed to comment ;)

If your selling then swap out the recaros, Leather seats will appeal to those who are not in the know, which is likely to be the new owner.

whoops.

i actually agree with Col (serves me right for not reading your original post properly :blush:)

When I bought my supe about 3 years ago it had the recaro's in and I didn't really like them I thought they looked odd and I would have much preferred matching toyota leather seats it is only now I am in the know I prefer them and they have changed colour twice now and will never leave the supe but for resale of the car I would get rid and get the cash if it's someone new to supes they will prefer the leather and you would I am sure prefer the extra cash!

I'll swap you my UK :D leather ones for your recaros.

Youd have to cough up the dough as well though. Like i said already got someone offering me a set of leathers + cash for my recaros.

Hmmm looks like the general concensous is that the leathers would be more appealing. Matt, looks like i might take you up on your offer after all.

for selling the car I would put the leathers in and let Matt have the Recaros. When you decide on what car your getting or fancy another sup you know where the seats are + they will be at Mascrat every month ;)

Matt would not notice if they went *MISSING* :p

IMO you'd be mad to downgrade from Recaros to leathers. How much cash are you talking about? If it's only like £200 then it's not worth putting off a prospective buyer.

Jake, i wouldnt consider swapping the recaros out if i was keeping the car, i much prefer them to the leathers but because im selling im trying to work out which is more appealing to a buyer. The amount ive been offered is £400 + leathers in very good condition. I doubt that the recaros would add that to the value of the car but im trying to decide if it would make it more appealing.

Jake, i wouldnt consider swapping the recaros out if i was keeping the car, i much prefer them to the leathers but because im selling im trying to work out which is more appealing to a buyer. The amount ive been offered is £400 + leathers in very good condition. I doubt that the recaros would add that to the value of the car but im trying to decide if it would make it more appealing.

£400 + leathers seems like a no brainer to me.

As is aid Recaros although sought after don't exactly look very nice, leather seats you can't go wrong with.

You can't really second guess what is going to be more attractive to a buyer!!:rolleyes: As someone who was looking recently I personally would have prefered leather to Recaro's as I am a bit ignorant about the value of recaro's and the benefits of having them.

Leather looks classy too Gaz. I think you are doing the right thing mate.;) Plus I couldn't stand listening to Matt moan on about how you let him down at the next meet.........:D

H.