The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which boss kit do I need?

cheekymonkey

Guys,

Just come back from an auto shop here, bought a nice momo wheel :cool: but need a boss kit.

We managed to get it down to 2 choices, R534 or 535 (Airbag but no cruise) in the attached chart. But which one? The assistant said that I need to check "if the airbag light stays on when the ignition is on but the engine isn't running" to know for sure.

Since I can't do that - does anyone here know?

chart.jpg

Guest Nicholas
Guys,

Just come back from an auto shop here, bought a nice momo wheel :cool: but need a boss kit.

We managed to get it down to 2 choices, R534 or 535 (Airbag but no cruise) in the attached chart. But which one? The assistant said that I need to check "if the airbag light stays on when the ignition is on but the engine isn't running" to know for sure.

Since I can't do that - does anyone here know?

Hi Mate,

I have a face lift 6 speed with air bag and I used Paul Whiffin's air bag boss kit with my momo worked a treat!

:)

I have a face lift 6 speed with air bag and I used Paul Whiffin's air bag boss kit with my momo worked a treat!

That cool, cheers, have no doubt that would work but I want to buy one out here while I still can :D

I am doing some research and I think it's all down to Mechanical SRS vs Electric SRS !!

Pretty sure it would be Electric eh?

Guest Nicholas
That cool, cheers, have no doubt that would work but I want to buy one out here while I still can :D

I am doing some research and I think it's all down to Mechanical SRS vs Electric SRS !!

Pretty sure it would be Electric eh?

I would have thought so mate :)

Guest Nicholas
Any chance you can check this for me - turn on this ignition without starting the engine, and see if the airbag light is on or off... then I should be able to get the right one :)

I can but not till tonight as im at work :( im pretty sure it's on though