The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Track Supra

Guest AndyS

Guest AndyS

i aint interested in dragging at all. track is where the fun is :)

any idea of the weight of a stripped out 1?

how stiff is the chassis as standard?

whats a good usable torque/bhp figure for track?

George, Kermit I think, has focused his for the 'ring. 7.54 quick enough for you bud. :)

Kermit2 actually. Some good shots in his garage.

Cars stripped out and rollcage fitted. Suspension is electronically controlled from within the car etc. It's a beast in the flesh.

"Track" as in trackdays or track racing ?

Would love to see one doing well in Club racing somewhere, every now and then we see a thread talking about it but none ever seems to make it.

Sad, but I think our beloved Supe's are better in straight lines.

G :)

I sense some aggro from my last line, but every weekend hundreds of cars race, from mini's to jags and I've never seen a Supe running anywhere (pudding - proof etc). !

Guest AndyS

thanks ppl :)

these cars were raced in Japan for years. yes, i know they took the straight 6 out and used the 3sgte race block, but Toyota rivaled the Skyline, NSX etc with the Supra.

so i think they r better than just going in a straight line.

it'll be just for trackdays. hope to be looking for 1 in the next couple of months.

Depends on how far you want to go. Getting rid of weight would be my priority, then decent tyres, brakes, dampers and springs, and ARB's. Keeping the engine oil cool would be vital, and I'd bin all the heavy A/C, ABS and electrical gizmos. I'd bet the doors and tailgate weigh a ton, so if the budget allowed, and they were available, I'd go for carbon ones. but carbon or stripped out stock doors should go with a cage with side protection bars. I'd then get all the compliance out of the suspension, which would be costly.

Depends on how far you want to go. Getting rid of weight would be my priority, then decent tyres, brakes, dampers and springs, and ARB's. Keeping the engine oil cool would be vital, and I'd bin all the heavy A/C, ABS and electrical gizmos. I'd bet the doors and tailgate weigh a ton, so if the budget allowed, and they were available, I'd go for carbon ones. but carbon or stripped out stock doors should go with a cage with side protection bars. I'd then get all the compliance out of the suspension, which would be costly.

always nervous when CW says "costly"... ;)

There's a snag with trying to run a track day car on slicks, quite a few track day operators now only allow slicks on cars with a proper roll cage. Bookatrack for example.

Is that because they expect any crash to be that little bit faster and so need more safty?

Guest AndyS

ive used my slicks on a Bookatrack session. just had a few cuts put in them ;)

im booked in for Donington evening session on July 5th, so i'll use them again if its dry.

"Track" as in trackdays or track racing ?

Would love to see one doing well in Club racing somewhere, every now and then we see a thread talking about it but none ever seems to make it.

Sad, but I think our beloved Supe's are better in straight lines.

G :)

I sense some aggro from my last line, but every weekend hundreds of cars race, from mini's to jags and I've never seen a Supe running anywhere (pudding - proof etc). !

Didn't you see the timeattack at Silverstone 2 weekends ago??