The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone used Chips Away?

Alex C

Thinking of calling these guys to see if they can address a few tiny cosmetic chips & scrapes to the skirts. Would have a go myself with a halfrauds off the shelf kit but I don't know exactly what colour the car is since it was re-sprayed.

Halfords do offer a similar drive-in service but....its Halfords, nuff said.

Anyone got any testimonials / costs for x number of chips etc?

Called them out to look at my car, have a 6 inch hairline scratch on the rear quarter behind the drivers side door that I wanted sorting and some pretty horrendous stone chips on my bonnet.

The bloke who turned up said he only had the little air brush guns (that you'd use to do small pics with) and gave me a number for his partner who had the bigger air guns. He said the small airgun wasn't suitable.

During looking over the car he mentioned that he'd done a BMW that had been keyed from front to back ... at this point I thought he was a knob for saying that as my scratches and holes aren't key marks and could easily be done with a small airgun instead of a complete blow over :(

Needless to say, I didn't call his mate :thumbdown:

I had a qoute recently, really nice chap and very very knowledgeable. He was able to point out exactly what had been done to my motor over the years before i owned it.

However for the amount of work doing it was just a little more expensive for a whole repray lol, so i went with that.